Monday, July 9, 2012

Let Freedom Ring...







I hope you all had a great Independence Day! It's been a great past couple of weeks for us! Besides the heat....OH THE HEAT! Mother Nature teased us with her amazing mild May...but June has been a real bitch. I'll say it!!! (however, please for the love of GOD stop posting your car thermometer readings on Facebook...we get it...it's HOT).

The heat caused us to delay our Neighborhood backyard campout. Which was a real bummer. But hopefully we will reschedule for the fall.
In place of the campout, we had the neighbors over for dinner where I made beer can chicken (see naked bird pics above). My was it yummy! And Ben played bartender and made quite the yummy cucumber cocktail!
Tyler had a bday party at Gymboree on Sunday and we spent some serious time at the pool!

July 4th was such a great one this year! I think we started a family tradition that I hope to keep for years to come!
Ben ran the Peachtree Road Race with our neighbors Shawn, Edwin and Tatiana...meanwhile my neighbor Jill came over for a PJ breakfast with all the kids. We indulged in Bloody Mary's and video taped the kids cheering for their dads!
Then we headed to the pool where we spent most of the day. Ben was home before noon!
Around 6pm that evening we headed over near Roswell High School, where we set up picnic, the kids played and we anxiously awaited the fireworks. The fireworks were amazing, and I can't wait to go back next year!

This past weekend my sister and brother in law came to town on Friday. We took ordered pizza, went to the local ice cream parlor (yes parlor...it's an old school 1950's style shop called Scoops. We love it there).
The next morning we hit the local farmer's market before they headed home.
By lunch my friend Jannell was in town from Charleston. J-nell and I go way back to college and I was so happy she was able to come to town for the weekend!
We had local college friends Andy, Angela and Anastasia over for dinner Saturday night, hung by the pool on Sunday and hit up the local Mexican restaurant on Sunday night.
Great times were had by all!




No comments:

Post a Comment