Monday, December 28, 2009

Welcome to the World Tyler Davis Sullivan!!!



























Welcome to the World Tyler Davis Sullivan! Tyler was born on December 18,2009. He weighed in at 6lbs. and 13 oz and was 21.5 inches long!

Wow!!! What a wild couple of weeks it's been! I went into the doctor's office on December 16th because Tyler wasn't kicking around like he normally did in the mornings. The doctor hooked me up to a monitor and conducted a fetal stress test. Everything was pretty normal but Tyler wasn't giving "A+" results. Since I was almost at my due date, they decided to go ahead and induce.

We entered the hospital on the night of the 16th and induction began on the 17th. It was a long day on Pitocin with slight contractions, but at the end of the day I wasn't dilating and the baby wasn't coming down...it was at this point we started talking about a c-section. I decided that I wanted to try one more round of induction, in hopes of a vaginal delivery, so we started the whole process over on the 18th. After another LONG day with heavy contractions and finally an epidural, I still made no progress. At 2pm we decided to go ahead and do the c-section.

I was in the operating room with Ben at 2:45pm and Tyler was born at 3:11pm.

We were released from the hospital on Monday December 21st, and it's been and absolute crazy ride ever since!
We love Tyler! He is a fabulous baby who only cries when he needs to be fed or changed!
He's adorable and your heart literally melts when he looks at you with those enormous blue eyes!
I can tell he's going to be spoiled rotten already!

Ben and I got to spend Christmas day as a family, just the three of us, and then my parents came to spend a couple of days with us on the 26th. It was great having them here so that Ben and I could catch up on a little bit of sleep!
They also bought out half of a toy store for their grandson's first Christmas, and Tyler loved everything! (At least he told me he did though his eyes were closed for almost all of the present opening time).
Since Christmas we've had two pediatrician appts. Tyler is growing like a weed. Today he clocked in at an impressive 7lbs. 10oz. I just can't wait for those cute chubby cheeks to start filling in!
The only thing I can say is how amazing our sweet little man is and how much we love him already!
But also let me note that NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, can prepare you for being a parent!
Ben and I are learning one step at a time and enjoying it the whole way!
Happy New Year everyone!!!





1 comment:

  1. I finally am getting caught up on the blogs and just saw this post :-) Again, I am so happy for you all and Tyler really is just perfect!! So excited for you guys and very proud of you for all you had to go through to get him here...it is all worth it now that he is here :-)

    ReplyDelete