Thursday, April 22, 2010

Whirlyball!!!


































































































Tons of Pics above from Easter Sunday, Ben's Whirlyball bday bash, and Tyler's 4 month bday!

Another whirlwind of adventures for the Sullivan family! I wish I had time to blog as frequently as I used to, but with travel for work, taking care of Tyler, and trying to fit in fun times with our friends, it just sometimes gets out of control! But it's worth all the effort because Tyler is loving life!!!
After I returned home from Austin, we had Ben's 31st Whirlyball bday bash! What's Whirlyball you ask???? Well, it's a combination of lacrosse and basketball, played while driving around in a bumper car! Let me be the first to say that it's freaking AWESOME!!! We had a group of about 15 show up for the event and we reserved the court for two hours! It was a fun time and I think everyone enjoyed themselves! I can't wait to take Tyler to Whirlyball someday. I know he will love it. But in the meantime, I think he had a pretty good time watching Mommy and Daddy battle it out!
A big thanks to everyone that came out. Aunt Kate was on hand for the event before she flew back home to Baltimore, and Uncle Ryan even flew out from Oklahoma to hang with us for a little bit!
After Whirlyball, everyone came back to our house for a bbq dinner.
Due to my hectic travel schedule the week before, I was quite embarrassed by the condition of our deck...pollen had covered everything and all of our potted plants were now brown and dead...but our landscaper Cliff just came by today to make everything look gorgeous. A little mini deck makeover was all we needed!
Another embarrassing note! The Saturday morning of Ben's party, I went shopping for Bbq supplies and picked up an ice cream cake from Coldstone...yum! For some reason, I was under the impression that ice cream cakes last just fine in the refrigerator...um, that would be NO!
I ended up serving melted ice cream cake to everyone who attended the bbq! Ooops...but it still tasted pretty good!
The following week started Tyler's full time Nanny share. He is adjusting well, and it worked out nicely that I was working upstairs but stealing in kisses from him downstairs whenever I could!
Thursday and Friday (4/15 - 4/16) I was in Jacksonville for work. I missed Tyler and Ben so much but it was nice to stay at an Oceanfront hotel!
That weekend, Nana and Papa came to town to babysit, while I helped host a baby shower for our good friend Steph O'Rourke! We are so excited for Baby Dylan's arrival in June, and the shower was a huge hit!
This week our little Tyler has reached a couple of big milestones! Sunday was his 4 month birthday! We couldn't be be more in love with him! He's such an awesome little boy!
Monday he had his 4 month shots, which was probably more agonizing for me than for him...but he certainly let it be known that he didn't appreciate 5 needles piercing his legs! He ran a fever after his shots so we had to keep a close eye on him, but he was completely better by Wednesday.
The doctor also recommended that we start him on rice cereal. He LOVES it (see pic above)! He eats from his spoon in a high chair and thinks it's the best thing in the world.
Tyler showed off his eating skills on Thursday night for my book club! I think everyone was impressed with his growth and development! At least I know Mommy was!!!
The craziness continues this weekend when Aunt Jannell and Leah come to town, and I head to Indy and Roanoke next week for work!
As always...we'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment