Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall is Here!





















































































Well, just like that...Autumn is upon us!
I love Fall! It's my favorite season of the year! Changing leaves, cooler temps, football, and the holidays! So much has been going on over the past month that I've been delinquent in my blogging (this is unfortunately starting to become a habit).

But let me update you on all the happenings!
The week of 9/17 was a crazy one! Ben totally surprised me for an early bday present by having Johanna (by BFF and Tyler's Godmother) fly down and spend the weekend with us! I was so excited! I picked her up from the airport on Friday and we ordered pizza and hung out. Saturday I had to work all day (the joys of being a trainer sometimes) so Johanna played Godmother all day with Ben! They took Tyler to Gymboree where he did his normal "run around holding the ball and not listening to the teacher" routine! Late afternoon, they met me and my coworker at Taco Mac for a happy hour! Tyler loved the french fries! Sunday we had Brunch with Amanda, Steph and Pat & the kids, got mani's and pedi's and watched the Emmy's! Monday I dropped Johanna off early at the airport and then got on a plane myself late morning for a trip to Phoenix. I was out there to help our West Zone roll out a training. It was great hanging with coworkers and seeing my friend Melissa, but I missed my boys so much that I took the red eye home!
Turns out Tyler missed me too because his teachers said he did a lot of crying for Mommy while I was gone (talk about breaking my heart). So it was especially nice that Ben had a Boy's Weekend/Bachelor Party planned in Minneapolis so that I could take Tyler to Spartanburg for the weekend. We went up to Spencer, NC for a "Day out with Thomas" with Nana and Papa and Tyler had a BLAST!!! Ben ended up having a lot of fun with his grad school buddies too! Lots of beer, football and poker!

The next week, my dad was in town all week for a training for work...so we had a lot of dinners out with him. Thursday the 29th was especially nice at Sip in Downtown Alpharetta! Dinner on the patio was fantastic and Tyler loved to watch the cars go by!

Friday, my dad took Tyler back to Spartanburg for the weekend so that Ben and I could go to Columbia for my 10 year college reunion! We had a blast catching up with the crew and tailgating all day Saturday! It's amazing how 10 years can pass and when we get together, it's like senior year all over again!!! I love all of my college friends dearly. Those 4 years were so much fun!!!
Sunday, after goodbyes, my parents met us in Columbia and we all went to the zoo with Tyler before heading home.

The next week was also a big one as it was my BDAY week! I can tell I'm getting old when my birthday just isn't a big deal to me anymore, but I still had a great day! I met up with Ben for a quick Date lunch and Thursday night we met our old next door neighbors Jared, Melanie and Maddie at Your Pie in Roswell. It's sort of a "make your own pizza place". We had pizza and gelato and the kids had a ball!!!

That Friday, we dropped Tyler off in Sparkle City once again to head to the Hilton Head for Sonny's wedding. Sonny is a friend of ours from Ben's grad school days! We had such a great time hanging with everyone!!! The entire weekend was jammed packed with Beach Wedding Parties! It was a gorgeous ceremony (our first beach wedding) and the reception location was amazing! Overall, such a fun weekend!!!! Sunday we headed back to Spartanburg and picked up Tyler.

Last week, I was in Dallas all week for work. It was so hard being away but at least I got to go to the Texas State Fair with all my coworkers on Thursday night. We had an ball...and the fried Cookie Dough was freaking AMAZING! Meanwhile, Ben's mom came into town Wed - Sunday to help out Ben. Anytime I'm gone longer than two days, I try to get back up. Being a single parent ain't easy although Ben is a rock star dad! I got home Friday and we all went for frozen yogurt.
Saturday we went to the mall so Tyler could ride the choo choo with Grandma and Saturday afternoon we all went to the Alpharetta Fall Fest where Tyler tried (or should I say devoured) his first funnel cake.
Saturday evening, Jan got Tyler ready for bed and Ben and I went to Bistro VG with all of our new neighbors. The after dinner fun lasted into the wee hours of the morning. (Did I mention how much I love our new neighborhood)
Sunday, was spent having some serious Family Quality Time!!!!!!!!

So yes, it's been a busy and fun October! I'm looking forward to Halloween and pumpkin patches with my little one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment