Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!











































Yeah, Yeah...I said I would update my blog more regularly...well, bite me! :)
I know I'm behind the times a bit but work travel has been insane lately and kept me from my usually blogging duties! (not that I don't love my job though...cause I do!) Good news though...I just received word that I don't have to travel for work for the rest of the year! HOORAY!!!!!!
It's the greatest feeling knowing that I'll be spending the month of December where I belong...at home with family!!! (And DC and Spartanburg...but that still counts as family time)

Since my last post, we've had so much going on! I won't bore you with details but I'll highlight the happenings!

1. Tyler's Nursery School Fall Festival was the weekend of Oct 22nd. Tyler had a ball at Trunks of Treats, had his first hot dog for lunch (see pic above) and rode on the Choo Choo Train. Sunday, our friends Roberta and Mike came over for the Skins game and we had a great time hanging out with them.
2. The week of the 24th, I was in Nashville for a night for work but was still able to make it to one of my favorite honky tonk bars, Tootsies with my coworkers! It's a Nashville establishment and so much fun! The 27th, I hosted book club at my house. I made spicy dishes for our discussion of "Catching Fire" (the second book in the Hunger Game Series) Good times were had by all! (Can I take a moment to mention that I cannot WAIT until the first movie of this series comes out in March 2012!!!!)
That Saturday Steph, Pat, Ben and I took the boys to the Pumpkin Patch up in Elijay, GA and finished up with a playdate with our friends Emma and Mike and their little girl Bella...it was such a fun day!
3. Then it was HALLOWEEN! Our neighborhood is SO Much fun at Halloween! Tyler had the BEST Time! We started right at 5pm, with a potluck dinner at our neighbor's house. The whole street showed up! Then it was off to Trick or Treat! We pulled Tyler and his buddy Jack around in the wagon and Tyler was so excited to say Trick or Treat at least 100 times! We put an exhausted little man to bed around 9! The next day I headed to Florida for a couple of nights for work. The weekend of Nov 3rd, Ben went camping with our neighbors (a boys trip) so I took Tyler to Spartanburg to hang with my parents for the night. (which included a trip to the Fire Dept with Aunt Kelly to see where Uncle "Travvy" works...see pic above)
4. The weekend of Nov 12th, We had Tyler's second haircut, Maddie's 3rd Bday Party, a football party at our neighbors, and dinner party at another neighbor's...all on Saturday! It was exhausting but fun. Sunday I left for Dallas for 3 days and Ben took Tyler to see Santa in Alpharetta.
Before I left, I was able to get out Tyler's Second Birthday invites...which I'm SO excited about! I've attached the proof so you can see how adorable they are (note: I took out our address and stuff...so if there's a little more "white" on the invite that's why...never know what freaks are out there on the internet!) Can't wait for his "Two hot to handle" Party in December even though my heart aches that he's growing up SO fast!!!
5. Last week (Nov 14-16) I was in Dallas and came home to a little man with a bad cold...who in turn gave it to me. So we spent this weekend doing a lot of NOTHING and getting better! But it was So nice to just have some quality Family time!!!

I cannot believe how quickly Thanksgiving has gotten here! We are headed to Spartanburg for a weekend of Turkey eating, and family time! I can't wait!!! Sometimes things get so busy, but the older I've gotten, the easier it is for me to see what I'm TRULY grateful for! A healthy family who I love and friends and neighbors that I hold near and dear to my heart!!! We are blessed in so many ways!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment