Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holiday Update
























































































































Yes, it's true...the holidays got the better of me this year!!!! For the first time in a long time, I felt like a kid again because I was able to watch Christmas unfold through my child's eyes! I know I sound cheesy but it's true...I'm already counting down the days until we can celebrate again!

What a fun, busy, exciting, and exhausting month...but we pulled it off!
Thanksgiving was spent with my family in Spartanburg. Due to my mom's back problems, I did about 90% of the cooking this year! I rocked the turkey and dressing (if I do say so myself), and am looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving in my own home next year (once we get a dining room table)! We had a lot of fun in the beautiful weather spending lots of time outdoors (Tyler loves the golf course behind my parent's house). We wrapped up the weekend with Tyler's Two Year photo shoot, a brunch for friends when we returned to Atlanta, and lots of Christmas decorating!

The next weekend my parents came into town for a weekend of fun! Friday night, my parents sat for Tyler while Ben and I had dinner with our old neighbors! Saturday morning we attended Breakfast with Santa at the Decatur Train Museum and ended the night by watching Jim Gaffigan perform stand up at the Cobb Energy Center...truly HILARIOUS!
Sunday night, our dear friend Kera was in town so we hosted the local college crew (and babies) over at our house! It was great catching up with everyone!

December 8th, Ben and I celebrated our 4th anniversary with dinner at Seasons 52! (Tyler stayed with our sitter).
I can't believe how fast these past 4 years have flown by, and how much more I love my husband everyday! (yes, barf...but it's true)

The following weekend got us into the Holiday Swing of things...we attended our neighbor's White Elephant Party followed by the Holiday Party of our dear friends Mike and Roberta! We had a blast and Tyler was very into the social scene!
But then the true craziness started...
The next weekend included Tyler's Birthday and Birthday Party, another Neighborhood White Elephant Gift Exchange Party, Neighborhood Caroling, and our next door neighbor's birthday party for their sweet daughter Emma!

But on a side note, Tyler's TWO Hot to Handle birthday party was a HUGE Hit...complete with a bounce house, visit from the fire department and Santa Claus himself! I know Tyler had a ball with all of his friends!
We even did a birthday party at his school on Monday that the kids loved too!
Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet baby boy Tyler! You are growing up too fast! I just hope he will look at this blog someday and know how loved he was!!!

After Tyler's birthday was behind us, we were in full Christmas mode. Friday we left for Spartanburg where we attended a family reunion, had lunch with my BFF's from high school and Church Christmas Eve Services.
Then Christmas morning we celebrated with my family (including Gifts, Santa and Brunch) before hopping on a plane to DC.
We made to DC with no issues, however Tyler passed out on the ride home from the airport. Our hope of spending Christmas with both sets of grandparents was quickly diminished when Tyler closed those little eyes.
But it all actually worked out well. While Tyler crashed (that's what a new trampoline from Nana and Papa, no nap, and two plane rides will do to you), we were able to catch up with Jan, Dwight, Kate and Matt and exchange our gifts!
The next morning Tyler had a ball playing on his new bike from Grandpa and catching up with Grandma. That afternoon we headed to Baltimore so that Kate and Matt could give their gifts to Tyler. We also got to meet their beautiful Black Lab named Cole and Tyler loved chasing him around at the local dog park!
That night the Sullivan grandparents were on Tyler duty, while Ben and I headed to Arlington to meet some of our bestest DC friends for a night out on the town! Great times were had by all and it was great catching up.

The next morning we ventured down to the US Botanical Gardens to meet up with Aunt Erin and her niece and view the Holiday Train Exhibit! Tyler absolutely loved it (again, passing out on the car ride home). We ended our trip with 0ne last night out in Baltimore as a family with Kate and Matt. We had Cuban, then visited 34th street to check out one of the most impressive Christmas Light Displays I've ever seen!

The next day consisted of planes, trains (well the one train in the Atlanta Airport) and automobiles. We flew back to Spartanburg (yes, we connected through ATL...ironic right?) and dropped off Tyler at my parents house.
Every Christmas they ask if they can watch him for a couple of days, and Ben and I are happy to oblige (as much as we miss our little munchkin man).
We had two days of catching up on sleep, watching movies, playing Wii (til all hours of the night) with the neighbors, and vegging on the couch! It was great!
New Year's Eve, Tyler came home and I must have kissed that sweet face 1000 times!!
We hosted a NYE throw down at Chez Sullivan for 30 of our friends and had a blast! The kids even had a great time and went to bed easily (well before midnight). It couldn't have worked out better! We rang in the New Year with Wii, Jello Shots, Dick Clark, a little Prince, and a champagne toast and then headed outside for an awesome fireworks display courtesy of my parents! The next two days were spent in major recovery and family bonding/relaxing mode!
What a great way to ring in 2012!! Hope you all had a great one too!
May your days this year be MERRY and BRIGHT!!!

1 comment: