Monday, June 18, 2012

My Personal Journey

We've spent June at home! And so far it has been really really nice! Weekends by the pool, chasing fireflies in the backyard, birthday parties, neighbor dinners (I'm loving this Wednesday night tradition) and so much more! This weekend we hosted Tyler's first sleep over (our old next door neighbor's 3year old daughter came and crashed with us for the night) and had some quality time with Ben on Father's Day night!

But the purpose of this blog post was to update the world on something I don't talk to much about...weight! Uggghhh...it's an ugly word for me. I've battled with my weight my entire life. I lost about 60lbs back in 2003 and as I got married and had Tyler, the scale started to creep back up. By the time I started Weight Watchers in March, I had gained back close to 40lbs of the 60 I had lost. A change had to happen and fast!!! Ben and I will be on the baby making train soon enough, and there was no WAY I was going to get pregnant again and have even more weight to lose.
So, like I said, I started Weight Watchers back in March, not thinking that it would work. I'm excited and proud to say that it has! I mean...I haven't lost 40lbs (my goal) but I'm down over 18 pounds in a little over 3 months. I'm so excited with my progress and plan to keep it up...someday this will be me!!! 

Fingers Crossed!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment