Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tree Lighting





In the the spirit of the holidays Ben and I ventured to historic downtown Alpharetta last night to see the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony.
Our friend Amanda and her date Matt came along with us!
Amanda and Matt met us at our house where we had a glass of wine and then headed to the tree lighting ceremony around 5pm.
My feedback was
1. They need more people managing the hot chocolate stand and horse carriage rides...the lines were ridiculous
2. Someone needs to water the Christmas Tree...it looked a little parched!
3. Someone needs to recruit kids that will actually sing on stage...that poor piano player was singing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" completely on his own!

Overall I would give it a rating of GHETTO!!! hahaha! But I promise I'm not being Ba Humbug about this...it really was a little bit of a let down as far as tree lighting ceremonies go...but I guess I was expecting Rockefeller Center, and that's just not going to happen in Alpharetta, GA!
But that's okay! We went to Pure Taqueria afterwards and had an awesome meal and lots of drinks. Then we came back to our pad and watched the Redskins game!
It was definitely a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment