Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The BIG BIG BIG Announcement!!!


EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!


Ben and I are absolutely THRILLED to announce that we have a baby on the way!!!
We found out right after our Vegas trip that we are expecting a Benny or Kristen Jr. in December 2009!
A lot of our friends have found out already but I figured it was time to let the rest of the world know about our excitement!!!



Below are the answers to some FAQ's regarding Baby Boo (as we affectionately call him/her):


Q: Are you guys excited and when did you guys start trying?
Answer: Yes!!! We were ecstatic to learn that we were preggers!! But I do have to admit that the first couple of weeks I was in pure shock. Even though we started trying, I had NO idea that it would happen that quickly!
As for when we started trying...well, that's none of your business :)
But for those that really want to know see below.
Ben and I have spent some time calculating and we've figured out that Ben's "boys" are ferocious swimmers and that the first time we tried...it worked!!!

I still can't believe it...but we are both SO excited for the baby!!!



Q: How are you feeling?
Answer: The first trimester has been ROUGH! There are a lot of women out there that say "Oh, I never got any pregnancy symptoms or morning sickness"...to you ladies, I say BITE ME!!!
I've gotten EVERY Symptom in the book...from sickness, to congestion, to fatigue...you name it...I've had it!
But I know it will be worth it in December!

Q: Are you going to find out the sex?
Answer: Yes absolutely we want to find out the sex! We will find out sometime in July or early August and will be sure to let you all know!!!!

Q: Wait, your not out of your first trimester...should you be announcing this on your blog already?
Answer: We have a LOT of excited friends and family who have basically told the entire universe already so I figured that what's a few million more going to hurt??
My doctor has assured me that things are going well and I will be out of my first trimester in two weeks (please let the morning sickness go away then). Plus, for those out there that know me (and that's probably all of you reading this), you know that 1. I have a big mouth and 2. I'm a big drinker! It was VERY easy for everyone to find out about the baby as soon as I passed on wine at the dinner table!
So the cats out of the bag a little early...true...but I don't believe in all that superstition...I trust that God will keep an eye on Baby Boo and make everything go smoothly!

Q: But all of your previous blog posts have talked about partying...were you drinking at all those events?
Answer: I have not had any kind of alcohol since I found out I was pregnant on April 9th. Naturally I would never do anything to harm Baby Boo.
I'm very proud to say that I've been through two DC weddings, a Buffett concert, a BIO Convention, a Backyard BBQ at home, and a trip to Chicago with zero alcohol.
Knowing our lifestyle, I thought it would be extremely difficult but it hasn't been bad at all!!!


Q: Are you keeping the name a secret?
Answer: No...as soon as we find out the sex we will announce the name! I want my kid to have as much personalized stuff as people will buy for him/her :)

Q: Any weird cravings?
Answer: Yes...grapefruit and Ice Cream.
And I lived up to the pregnant stereotype the other night when I had ice cream for dinner and afterwards craved something extremely salty...so I had pickles!
Yep, pickles and ice cream for dinner...you know your pregnant when....

Q: How far along are you?
Answer: I'm in my 11th week this week!

Q: Are there going to be any gory details about your labor/delivery on this blog?
Answer: NO!!!!!!!!!!!! So feel free to keep on reading. Although I will keep everyone updated on the pregnancy and the baby I don't want this blog to be only about the baby! The blog is going to be about how Ben and I are adjusting to life as parents, and of course we will also keep you posted on our adventures with our friends!
Just because we are having a kid doesn't mean the world will stop...did I tell you I want a keg in the delivery room??? :)

Q: Is your child going to be super spoiled
Answer: It's the first grandchild on both sides of the family...you figure it out!

Q: Did you know that your baby is shaped like a heart in the ultrasound pic?
Answer: Yes!! Even the nurse said she's never seen one that symmetrical before! I'm calling him/her my LOVE CHILD!!!

Well that's all the questions I can think of right now but if you have any other ones feel free to leave a comment and I'll post a follow up!!!

Please keep Baby Boo, Ben and I in your thoughts and prayers during the next 6.5 months!!!
Love to you all!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm..pickles and ice cream. DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its about time! We've known about it for months and keep checking your blog daily to see when and if the ever-so-proud parents-to-be will let us know something first-hand - the QA section is very much appreciated - we can't wait for the video and "take a picture, take a picture" from Papa Don - this is our first Great-godchild so we're past "super excited" - Baby Boo may want to pop back in for a spell when he/she sees all the smiling faces, hugs and kisses, tears of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you guys! Looking forward to seeing what the Kristen/Ben combo looks like in 6 and a half months!

    ReplyDelete