Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bachelorette Party and Back to Work

Boy Board game fun for Ben on Sunday
Girls night out!

Happy Bachelorette Melissa!


This past weekend was a ton of fun!

Friday night, Ben and I had had Mike and Roberta over for dinner to celebrate their bdays! We had a great time, although I set the smoke alarm off making my beer can chicken. Let's just say that Tyler was not pleased with the high pitched squealing of our alarm. We had to rush him outside so that he didn't have to hear the noise while I frantically waved a magazine in front of it to make it stop. It was quite the experience! But the chicken turned out great and we all had a great time!

Saturday night, I got my first official "mommy night out" when I attended Melissa's bachelorette party. We met at Amanda's around 7:30 for pizza and then headed out on the FurBus for a night on the town. Stops included Charlie Mopps, Pool Hall, and Stout! I stayed up til 4am and "pump and dumped" like a champ! Sunday morning I got up and left Amanda's and headed home to see my boys. I took Tyler to book club with me that afternoon and he was the hit of the party! While I was away Ben had some of the boys over for board games and beer. The board game the boys played was called Axis and Allies. Apparently this game can last for hours, and believe me...it did!

I was very happy having Tyler and Mommy time while Ben was engaged in his war game downstairs with the boys. It looked like they had a lot of fun, but I just stayed out of the way for the most part! Boy war games are not my thing.

Monday I started back at work. It's been working out great so far! We have had our nanny Lina come to our house during the day to watch Tyler. It's wonderful to be able to go downstairs and spend a little time with Tman whenever I can! He loves Lina and everyone is happy and content so far. We begin our nanny share with another couple at the beginning of April, and I'm excited for that as well. Not only will Tyler get to play with another baby his age, but our nanny brings her 16 month old son too. It will be a zoo at my house with 3 kids but we'll manage while loving every minute of it!


1 comment:

  1. I had a great time and I was soooo glad you were able to come out with us!!!

    ReplyDelete