Thursday, November 18, 2010

Frustrations


That's exactly how I feel right now...frustrated! For those out there that know me, you know that I'm quite the organizer "Type A" personality...I'm one of those people that likes to have all of my ducks in a row! For things to be out of whack...well it bothers me...a lot!

Forgive me while I vent, but it's my blog and I'll do what I want! I do know that the Sullivans are very VERY blessed. We have a beautiful home, friends and family that love us, a happy marriage and a healthy son! But when you are jobless...or jobless effective Jan 1st, the pressure to find something fast is a bit intense! We will be fine financially for a while but the stress of "will I find the perfect job again?" is looming in the air.
I've definitely gone through the different stages of grief over losing my job...
Anger, depression, denial...all that good stuff. Thank goodness for Ben and Tyler! Having a son and husband that love you have really helped me through this. And it's times like these that you know who your true friends are!
I think what some people don't realize is that losing your job (something that takes up 40+hours of your week) is a huge loss! Not to mention the friendships with coworkers that (let's face it) won't be the same once you don't speak with each other everyday.

But now that I'm actually getting interviews things have started to get better! A lot better!
However, I never knew such physical ramifications that can come with stress once you pass 30! Yes, I'm blaming it on age...I certainly don't remember these types of things happening when I was studying for finals in college!
In the past week, I've popped a blood vessel in my eye and thrown out my back...not to mention the fact that I'm breaking out like a 13 year old!

Goodness gracious, I'll be glad when I can look back on all of this as a learning experience!
But until then, I know that I have family and some good friends to get me through!


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there - there is no shame in losing a job - look at this as a stepping stone, not a stumbling block - you will find a great job becos you are so talented, organized & gifted - one day you'll look back & think how lucky you were to have the experience & knowledge from this job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, honey, all is going to work out ok, but I cannot imagine how it feels to lose your job. And, it is so true about co-workers...it is not the same when you do not talk to them everyday! I miss that at Coverdell :( I remember how I was feeling waiting to see if something was going to work out for me in the job world and thank God it did because I know I am in the right place now and I KNOW this will happen for you again too. Yes, you had the perfect job with the perfect set up, but you will have that again, just in a different way I am sure. You are a bright, talented YOUNG woman, Mother and Wife and you will succeed and find that dream job you want. Good luck in the search and anytime you need another friend to talk to, call me / email me anytime! I will be seeing you in a month...so excited!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete