Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!



What a fun Halloween weekend for us! It was Tyler's first Halloween and he had a blast!

Our week started off with a work trip for me. I was gone to Raleigh and Fayetteville on Monday and came home Tuesday night.
I met with some executives about job leads...now I'm just hoping and praying constantly that I get a bite before the end of the year.

Wednesday night I made stuffed peppers and we carved pumpkins...correction...Ben carved pumpkins. But he did a GREAT job and we had some of the coolest pumpkins on the neighborhood block! Thursday Ben headed off to Vegas for our friend Mike's bachelor party! He was there for two nights and had a great time gambling, sleeping in, drinking, watching sports and visiting the store made famous on Pawn Stars! He also brought me home a gorgeous necklace and two onesies for Tyler! I'm a very lucky girl.

While Ben was playing in Vegas, Tyler and I had some great quality time together. On Thursday night we met our friend Emma and her little girl Isabella at Gymboree for a Halloween party! Saturday morning we met our friends Jill and Josh for breakfast at Flying Biscuit in Buckhead. They were in town from DC for the weekend and it was great to catch up. After breakfast Tyler and I headed to Spartanburg for trick or treat in Nana and Papa's neighborhood. We all dressed up as chefs and went around the neighborhood collecting treats. Tyler was fully decked out in his lobster costume and loved every minute of it...which really surprised me. He normally HATES things on his head but had no problem this time! Aunt Kelly came along too dressed as a pirate! We got lots of compliments on our costumes and my parents ran out of candy from the massive amounts of kids who came by the house.

Sunday, we went to church then Tyler and I hit the road back to Atlanta. When we got home daddy was there to greet us!
Sunday night Roberta came over to hand out candy to the trick or treaters so that Ben and I could take Tyler to our neighborhood Halloween party and go trick or treating as a family. It was a great night, and we too ran out of candy from the massive amounts of kids in the neighborhood!

So, Tyler's first Halloween was a big hit! We had so much fun with him...I'm already brainstorming ideas for next year!

PS- I would be the worst friend ever if I didn't give my friend Amanda a shout out! She came home for a visit from Chicago last weekend and I completely forgot to update everyone on our fabulous lunch in Historic Roswell on Friday (we ran into Steph and Pat too) and her visit with Tyler on Sunday! We miss you and love you Aunt Amanda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment