Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Winter ONEderland

























































































What a whirlwind December has been! Tyler had a ONEderful 1st Birthday celebration!
The weekend kicked off with Johanna's (Tyler's Godmother) arrival on Friday night. We grabbed sushi after I picked her up from the airport.
Saturday was insane! The morning consisted of full party prep mode! Nana and Papa and Aunt Kelly and Uncle Travis arrived early to help decorate. Plus, Travis made the cake which was SO Amazing! He took the Winter ONEderland theme and ran with it, making a cake complete with snow, trees, and a snowman. Tyler also had his own cake!

At 1pm the guests started to arrive. It was a packed house with 13 kids and about 30 adults. There was tons of food and booze...but the real fun began when Papa started the snow machine in the backyard! The kids were AMAZED!!! Then after Tyler's cake and presents were eaten and opened, Santa arrived at 3pm to visit! Tyler was not a fan...again...but most of the kids loved him!

It was a great time and Tyler had a blast at his Winter ONEderland celebration!!!

However, I would be remiss if I didn't take a moment to look back on the past year! I can't believe that my little man is 1. When I think of how far we've come and how much my love for my Baby Tyler has grown, it literally brings tears to my eyes! I have to say that NOTHING in this world can prepare you for how much you love your child. My heart melts every time I see his little face and hear his sweet little laugh.
Ben and I count our blessings every single day that we have such a beautiful, healthy, energetic, bundle of joy!

Tyler, if you read this one day...know that Mommy and Daddy love you SO very very much and there is nothing in this world that we wouldn't do for you. Happy Birthday Baby Boy! You bring more joy to our lives than you could ever imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment