Friday, August 24, 2012

I thought I would give it a TRI....


Swim - 400 yds
Bike - 13 miles
Run - 3.1 miles

So...I know it sounds crazy but I've signed up for a Sprint Triathalon.
The big day is September 30th! The decision to sign up was done during a drunken St. Patty's Day conversation with all the girls (damn, those drunk ideas). But in reality, I was the one who brought it up because I really DO want to do one!
Right before I got pregnant with Tyler in 2009, I wanted to do something to challenge my body...so I did a half marathon.
This time around,  I wanted to try something different...something I had never even done before.
I can swim and I can bike... but I've never competed, nor attempted these distances before.

So here I am...in full training mode!!! 5 weeks to go!

Last Monday I did 10miles on the bike and 3miles on the treadmill, so that felt good! And Wednesday, me and the girls went to try on TRI-Suits at a specialty store in Dunwoody. (An experience I would rather forget. Yes, their made of spandex and yes, they show all the fat rolls. Let's move on).
I bought a bike and helmet and use it regularly.
And we even got a lake house for the weekend of the big event.

So all I need now is a little endurance and a lot of will power! Wish me luck...I think I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment