Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Labor Day - Put those white pants away, girl

Hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend!!! Can I tell you how much I love long weekends???
Why can't 4 day work weeks be the standard, yo??? 

Anyways...so here's what we have been up to...
The week of the 20th was filled with preschool, gym time, work...the usual.
Tuesday night, Ben and I made dinner for our new neighbors that just had a baby (well...I made dinner), and then Wednesday the 22nd, the neighbor girls and I went to All3sports Triathalon Store in Dunwoody to try on tri suits. I think I highlighted in my previous post how humiliating that was. After that, I wanted nothing more than to go run to get rid of some of the fat rolls that were on display in the mirrors of the dressing room, but alas, I was swayed by the ladies to go have wine and tapas instead (not much twisting of my arm was needed)
Friday the 24th we headed up to Spartanburg for the weekend. Ben continued the journey up to Charlotte on Saturday morning for his Fantasy Football draft, while Tyler and I stayed behind and hung out with Nana and Papa.
We got some good shopping and pool time in!



This last week of August, we celebrated the beginning of COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! It's back!!!
(Que 2001 : A Space Odyssey music).




The Gamecocks definitely got off to a rocky start, but we got the W against Vanderbilt on Thursday.
Virginia Tech got the Win in Overtime against GA Tech...what a nail biter that was (or so I was told...by the hubby, I went to bed). 




 



We spent this Labor Day weekend having fun and getting stuff dun (like my rhyme?)...
Saturday morning, I was up bright and early to do a BRICK (that's Bike, Run...a tri term I just learned). Our Tri group did a 3 mile bike around the neighborhood, followed by a 3 mile run.
Then it was off to Cleveland, GA for a Wine Fest (all the neighbors and kids went and we met my parents up there too)
After we had our fill of wine and grape stomping, we ventured over to Babyland, home of the Cabbage Patch Kid Factory.
I must say...Babyland was much LESS Impressive than I remember it 26 years ago.

Sunday, We had steak dinner and lots of play time! Monday was dedicated to a delicious brunch (very anti Weight Watchers), A Playdate with Tyler's BFF Jack, and cleaning and organizing the garage.
I bleached the hell out of the floors and we bought shelves at Home Depot to organize the chaos...the inner OCD woman inside of me giggled with delight when the floors gleamed and everything was in it's place.
Let's see how long it stays that way :)

Hope you all had a safe and fun Labor Day weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment