Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day in the Life!

So...I've never tried anything like this before on my little ole blog, but I thought...what the heck! This sounds like FUN!
I've been following a lot of blogs recently. Especially those centered around "Weight Loss while juggling kids".

One of the blogs I follow Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally is hosting A Day in the Life link up party, and I thought...what the heck! Let's give it go!

So for all 7 of my followers who are DYING to hear I'm sure, LOL....

Here's a typical weekday in the Sullivan House:

7:15 am- Ben and I nudge each other to see who's going to hop in the shower first. (we are late risers these days) Usually it's Ben.
I lay there and contemplate getting up to iron or grab my phone and surf for a few minutes until I hear Tyler stir.
By Tyler stirring it usually goes something like "Mommy!!! Mommy!! Come get me!!!!" (Yesterday it was "Mommy Sullivan, you get in here right NOW!" I love my kid, he's SO just like me). I scoop him out of the crib and change him (diaper at night but big boy underwear during the day) and bring him into my bed to watch Disney Jr. By now, Ben's out of the shower downstairs getting Tyler some Little Bites (he loves those things) and a sippy cup while I hop in the shower.

7:45 am- After a shower, I iron our clothes and throw some dry shampoo in my hair (I'm obsessed) and flat iron it. Ben goes downstairs for his staple breakfast...peanut butter on an English Muffin.
Then we get Tyler dressed and he and Ben head off for preschool drop off. (with his backpack, cup of cheerios and some grapes in tow).

8 am - I finish my make up, make the bed, put a lunch together and get out the door

8:55 am - Arrive at work (I always listen to the Bert Show on the radio). My work day is business as usual. I work all day as a Recruitment Director. Nothing glamorous but healthcare and HR are my passion, and  it's WAY better than my traveling job that made my life miserable. The people here are nice and I'm happy!

12 pm - Depending on the week, sometimes I either go grab sushi for lunch, run to Kroger for a few items, head to the gym for a quick run, or (if it's Thurs or Fri) go to Weight Watchers to weigh in!

5 pm - Head to preschool to pick up Tyler and drive home. On the way home we always call Daddy on the bluetooth to have a rundown of Tyler's day. We report on how well he ate, how long he napped, and what his favorite subject was...the rest of the way home we sing songs and "gossip" about the kids in his class.

6 - 6:15pm - Ben gets home (cue "Reunited and it feels so goooood") and we have some play time (sometimes outside with the neighbors, sometimes playing cars and trucks in the living room) while I make dinner.

6:45 pm - Time to EAT! (usually leftovers from the weekend, something quick (tacos, lettuce wraps, pasta, etc), or something I've made the night before that needs to be heated up (did I mention my love affair with my crock pot?)

7:15 pm - Bathtime! I get Tyler in the bath (he usually likes to run around naked screaming for a little bit before I scoop him up and get him in there). He bathes downstairs so it's easy for Ben and I to keep an eye on him while we clean up the kitchen

7:45 pm - Little Einsteins viewing party on the couch!

8- 8:15 pm - Bedtime for Tyler (complete with stories, kisses and snuggles)

8:30 pm - Either I go to the gym with a neighbor or head downstairs to get on the elliptical. If I've already worked out at lunch, I'll hit up some laundry. (glamorous, right?)

9:30 pm - Workout is done WOO HOO...time to contemplate dinner for the next night and do any prep work.

10 pm - Snuggle time with the Benny Boo and watch some TV (right now we're watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix)

10:45 pm  - Lights out Yo...this Mama is tired!


 >linkup



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day to me! I found you through the link-up with Holly! I'm a Southern girl from Alabama that is stuck in Oklahoma right now! Cute family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been following your blog too! My husband's best friend and his wife live in Tulsa. We were just out there for a wedding in May! Your little boy is adorable.

      Delete
  2. You have an adorable family. All of my mom's side lives in Atlanta,; I've had some great memories there. :)

    Your day is busy, busy! I'm so glad that you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one yells the same thing in the morning and it just gets louder with each scream...weekdays I don't mind but 6:45 on Saturday - Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up with. Sounds like a busy day! Your little boy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a precious family! This was my first link up too. I come to Atlanta often and we may end up being transferred there. We are Georgia fans. What about ya'll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are Gamecock fans all the way! (except my husband that went to VA Tech). Atlanta is a wonderful place, hope the transfer works out! Stay in touch

      Delete
  6. Tell me about this dry shampoo......

    ReplyDelete