Monday, March 23, 2009

Ready to Run!!!

After traveling for work so much over the past few weeks, it was really nice to be able to stay at home for the week/weekend!

On top of being busy with work, I started working on my "spring cleaning" by getting estimates from painters. Ben and I are planning on getting our deck repainted and doing a little touch up to the exterior. We are also working on doing some more landscaping... so I'll be meeting with Cliff the landscaper today to figure out what we want done to the yard.
I love home improvement projects and will happily show off pictures as soon as our "yard makeover" is complete!
We spent much of this week recovering from our crazy Savannah weekend and filling out our brackets, but Thursday night we went out with Steph and Pat for some delicious Pho!

Friday I had Steph and Amanda over for wine and cookies after work! It was such a beautiful day that I definitely wanted to spend as much of it outside as possible!
Ben came home and after everyone left, we decided to stay in and order Chinese!

Saturday morning I was up bright and early! I hit Riverside Park around lunch time and ran 10.5 miles!!! I was so proud of myself!!! I don't know how I will do in the half marathon next weekend but at least I feel prepared! 13.1 miles, here I come!!!!!
After the run, I came home and got the house ready for our first bbq of the year.
The Tarheels were playing LSU so we had about 10 of our friends over to watch the game and grill out hamburgers. It was a beautiful day, and everyone had a great time!
The shenanigans continued until the wee hours of the morning!!!

Sunday, Ben and I spent a lot of time vegging in front of the TV and cleaning up from the previous night's gathering. But I picked up Steph at 3pm and we headed over to Melissa's for a Jewelry party! Melissa and Amanda had been planning this jewelry making party for quite some time and it was a huge hit. I made a pair of earrings and a necklace and they turned out great! After the party Steph showed me the "Secret Whole Foods" near our house in Roswell that I didn't even know existed!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was. I missed having a Whole Foods near me like I did back in DC! I dove head first into the salad bar!! Oh how I missed it!!!!! I had a $17 salad, and it was worth every bite!!!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Definitely had a blast this weekend, thanks for hosting the first bbq of the year! The shenanigans were fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me you can do it! If I can, you totally can! My longest run before was 10 miles too. It's all mental. You will get really energized but all the people around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg a $17 salad. HAHAH!! too bad they don't have the FC though there... aah memories!
    BUT you deserve it after your LONG RUN!! CONGRATS :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl! Wow you beat my $13 salad - wooowzers! and is it sad that I know was FC means?!? hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your marathon!!!! I can't believe it's already here. You'll do great! Definitely send me an email letting me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remember the days of $12 salads (back in 2002). Inflation is a bitch!

    ReplyDelete