Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ATL Shower Weekend!

Roberta, Melanie, Christina and Erin
Me and Sylvia
Angela, Steph S, and Caroline
The sports clothes strung all over the house...so adorable!
Go Team Tyler!
My shirt at the shower!
The whole USC Crew
Me and Mom!
My wonderful hostesses!

What a crazy week and weekend for the Sullivans!

This week I FINALLY finished up my work travel with one last trip to Charleston for a divisional meeting! It was a lot of fun! We always incorporate activities after a long day of meetings so we were able to squeeze in a carriage ride, ghost tour and dinner at the Customs House!

But I'm very happy to report that I have no more work trips until my maternity leave is up! I'm pleased to be grounded for a few months!

I've had a lot of people ask me what I'm going to do when I have to start traveling again for work and have little Tyler to worry about. The answer is...I really don't know.
I guess we'll have to play it one day at a time.

I'll try to get my work done in as few days as possible when I travel and we'll most likely have a nanny to help out as well.
My intent is to have a nanny here at the house when I return to work to watch Tyler during the day. The plus side of that is that although I may be gone for traveling some...when I'm in town I'll be here in the house with Tyler, even if a nanny is sitting with him.

But back to our fun weekend! After my trip to Charleston I got home on Thursday night in time to get the house prepped for the shower weekend! We had a lot of people coming into town and I needed to be ready!
Leah and Jannell arrived first on Friday and they brought Leah's daughter Hayden.
Following that, Erin and Christina arrived from DC....then Rienna and her little Bo arrived that evening from Jacksonville.
The whole gang, including Andy, Angela, and Anastasia, went to Twisted Taco in Roswell that evening for food and catch up time! It was nice!

Saturday we were up bright and early so that the girls could prep for the shower. Jannell and I were left in charge of Bo while the rest of the girls did errand running.
It was fun to play mom for a few hours! In the meantime, my parents and my coworker Sylvia arrived! My mom and Sylvia hung with me while Ben took my dad and some of his boys to the Decatur Beer Fest! They had an absolute blast! My dad can't wait to come back next year!

At 1pm we headed over to Steph's house for the shower! It was SO adorable! The whole sports theme was too cute and there were clothes for Tyler strung on little clothes lines all over the house. The food was delicious and the games were hysterical . We even had a surprise appearance by my good friend Donna and her adorable little boy Christian!
I had a blast and I feel so honored to have friends who care about us so much!

Thanks to my hostesses Christina, Erin, Rienna, Steph, and Amanda for making my shower so special! Love you girls!

Saturday night, I hosted everyone at my house for a bbq that included a South Carolina vs. Alabama viewing. Everyone had a great time but unfortunately we were a little depressed about our loss. We put up a good fight but the Cocks did not prevail.

Sunday, we bid farewell to everyone. Christina and Erin stayed in town long enough to watch the Redskins game (again, another loss) as I played chauffeur to the airport.

It was such a wonderful weekend and it was so great to see all of my girls! I love you all and am so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family in my life! I can't wait for Tyler to feel the same love!

1 comment:

  1. i just love your blog - you should write a book - The Adventures of Ken, Barbie, and Tyler, too!

    ReplyDelete