Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Feeling Faint!!!


What a week! Ben and I returned from Charleston and celebrated my actual bday with dinner with some of our friends on Tuesday! We went to Loca Luna with Steph S, Anastasia, Roberta, Mike, Andy and Angela and had the "All you can eat Tapas"! It was a great deal and a lot of fun!


Wednesday - Friday consisted of one of my last work trips to Jacksonville. It was a good time because I got to hang with one of my best buds Rienna and her little boy Bo! We had dinner on Thursday night and lunch on Friday before we left!


Saturday, was supposed to be a fun day spent celebrating the marriage of two of our Atlanta BFF's Steph and Pat but unfortunately there was another plan in store for us.


Here's the story:
Saturday afternoon, Ben and I went to grab lunch at one of my fave places and then headed to Walmart to do a little shopping before we got ready for the reception. As we are walking in, Ben notices that there was a Flu shot clinic and mentioned it to me. I knew that my OB Doctor and Tyler's pediatrician advised both Ben and I to get a flu shot so I said "Let's do it"!

I get my flu shot and head over to grab a cart so that we can do some shopping. Meanwhile, Ben got his shot.

Just as he finished up, he came over to the cart. As soon as I saw him I said, "Ben, you look pale"...Ben said, "I don't feel well" and just as he finished his sentence, he passed out on the floor of Walmart. I SCREAMED and the nurse came over just as he started to wake up. I called 911 and ambulance came shortly after. We took Ben to the hospital because he hit his head on the floor pretty hard. The CAT Scan came back clear so we were discharged!

I seriously was doing a LOT of praying and was EXTREMELY grateful that everything was fine!

I can't begin to tell you how scary it was, and I'm just glad that it's something I can laugh about now! My hubby apparently has an aversion to needles/medical procedures! (he's always been really healthy since we began dating 6 years ago, so the topic of being afraid of medical procedures never came up)

Am I worried about his reaction in the delivery room? Ummmm...YES!!!
At least I still have a few more weeks to prep him!

On another note, we were both sad to miss out on the wedding reception of our friends Steph and Pat who eloped in California last weekend.
We were both so looking forward to going, but I guess these things happen sometimes!
A BIG CONGRATS to Steph and Pat! We couldn't be happier for you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment