Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oktoberfest!


Wow! What a week it's been....
There are definitely interesting times ahead. I was informed on Friday that I'm getting laid off from my job effective January 1st 2011.

I'm still coming to terms with everything and trying to get my resume out there again, but needless to say, it's been a rough few days for our family.

I'm confident that a job will present itself by the end of the year, but it's still hard to let go of a company that you gave 4 years of your life to.

Many thanks to the family and friends that have reached out to offer kind words and support. The Sullivan family will survive and conquer, I have no doubt!

This weekend I needed to keep my mind off things, so we decided to move forward with our plans. Saturday morning Tyler and I headed to Spartanburg to spend time with Nana and Papa and go to the Kislik Oktoberfest! My best friend Johanna's dad is German and hosts a large Oktoberfest at their home every other year. This year, I went with Tyler and he was the hit of the party! I should have dressed him in lederhosen for the occasion now that I think about it!
But good times were had by all.
Sunday we attended church, had lunch with the fam, and visited Great Grandma Bobbie before heading back to Atlanta.
Ben had to work on a couple of large deals with BOA this weekend so he wasn't able to come! Hey...somebody's got to keep a job in this family! :)

This week is my birthday! I'll be 31!
Stay tuned for a birthday update....

Happy FALL to us ALL!


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there god-child - with your looks, personality & talent for doing anything & everything, you'll find a job in no time!

    ReplyDelete