Tuesday, January 29, 2013

24 weeks...and counting

What a great weekend!!
Things started off with "The Right Stuff" on Friday, when I purchased tickets to the NKOTB, Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees Triology concert for me and 5 of my closest girlfriends and neighbors! June 20th y'all! I cannot wait!
Friday night, Ben and I took Tyler to meet Steph, Pat and Dylan at Stax in Roswell. Longest wait EVER but the best turkey burger I've had in a LONG time.  Ben also got his review and bonus number on Friday so that always calls for some celebration!
Saturday my parents arrived and we went to Roswell Tap for lunch, followed by a trip to Northpoint Mall to get Tyler a present (because that's what my parents do...spoil my child rotten). Saturday night, my parents babysat so that Ben and I could go to our next door neighbors house for a Game Night/Birthday party. We had such a great time. I laughed so hard I was almost hoarse the next day.



Sunday we hung out at the house in the morning...Ben went to Dunkin to grab us all breakfast (Seriously, if you ask Tyler what his favorite restaurant is he says Dunkin Donuts). After my parents left we had lunch at Your Pie with our neighbors Alice and Ryan...kids in tow, and after a running a few errands we had some neighborhood kids over for a playdate.


Tyler was exhausted and asleep by 7:45 and Ben and I watched some Walking Dead....fantastic show!

So...this Friday I will be 24 weeks! Officially 6 months along. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't tell y'all how excited that makes me! Since they will be taking little Jacob at 39 weeks (via csection) that means I have 15 weeks to go! I've been struggling lately...more so that with Tyler's pregnancy so I feel like I'll use my blogger forum to vent about it.
But Let me get this out of the way first though...
1. I'm extremely excited about Jacob's arrival
2. I'm extremely grateful that I didn't have any fertility problems and that I'm able to carry children (trust me, I know a lot of people that are struggling with this right now) 
3. I love being a mom more than anything in the world and cannot wait to start this experience over again in May
4. I pray every night for a healthy and vibrant little boy

With all that said...I'm extremely depressed about how tired and hungry I am, and how much weight I've gained in the last few months (extremely is probably not the right word...don't want y'all to think I'm crazy psycho depressed or anything). I guess it has to do with the fact that I was in a great place right before I got pregnant. I had just lost 22lbs and was training for a triathlon. As soon as I got the positive pregnancy test, I started gaining weight. I think I gained about 10lbs in the first 8 weeks of pregnancy. My two pregnancies were extremely similar in the fact that I just had this "hungover" feeling for the first trimester. Not violently ill...just that feeling that if I didn't eat something every couple of hours I would throw up. Then the remainder of the pounds started creeping on in the second trimester...so now I've gained back all the Weight Watchers weight...plus some. And I still have 3 months to go, and we all know that this is when the REAL weight starts to pack on.
I guess I am just anxious to get the scale going in the other direction again. I'm confident that this time around I'll be more comfortable with the process of being a mom and therefore can concentrate more on weight loss. Last time, my world was so rocked by this amazing little creature that came into my life...I loved him with every breath in my being but at the same time I was scared that things would never be the same again. Now I know that they will never be the same, but it will be much more amazing than I ever thought it could be.
I think I will embrace the stay at home/stay in shape mom for a little while while on maternity leave and with breastfeeding will HOPEFULLY get most of the weight off in the first 3 months...plus I'll rejoin WW Asap! That's my goal!
Of course I'll be documenting the whole thing so I'm sure you'll see both my successes and failures!

That's all I have to say today! Thanks for listening (my 10 followers, LOL).
This was not a pity party by any means...I think I just needed to give myself a little pep talk.
15 weeks...I can DO IT!!!!
Now if you'll excuse me, McDonald's is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment