Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's the Playoffs!!

This past weekend was probably one of the laziest we've had in awhile.  I always find that the first few weeks of January are always a little low key as we wind down from the craziness of the holidays. It's nice... but at the same time it's depressing. Tyler is still talking about Santa and what he wants next year. And just the other day he told me he wanted to be a knight for Halloween. It's hard trying to convince a 3 year old that he'll have to wait 10 more months before the holidays are here again.
But alas, it's January...and I'm just hoping for snow!!!

Friday night, Tyler took his new jeep out for a spin with our next door neighbors, and we ended the night with make your own pizzas. Tyler LOVES doing this!
Saturday, I woke up not feeling well at all. I had the flu shot the day before, so I think that might have had something to do with it. But I was having cramping too, so at the advise of my nurse, I took it easy for the day. I stayed in bed while Ben played Super Dad. The boys spent the day hanging out. Tyler went to kids club while Ben hit the gym, then they went to Target to stock up on soccer gear (we signed Tyler up for soccer beginning in March). The afternoon ended with an exhilarating trip to the car wash...well exhilarating for a toddler, that's for sure!
That evening our sitter came over to watch T so that Ben and I could go out to dinner for our neighbor Kristen's birthday party. We met the Schmidt's this summer and they got us involved in church again, which has been nice! We went to North Atlantic Seafood and it was delicious.

By Sunday I was feeling much better! We spent the morning running errands and Tyler rode his Jeep with our across the street neighbors.



Big Pimpin...

Sunday Afternoon we headed over to Mike and Roberta's for the Redskins game! It was the first round of the playoffs and we were all so excited that the Redskins had such a great season. Roberta made a bunch of apps and the kids had a blast playing in all of the empty boxes (Mike and Roberta just moved to our neck of the woods 2 weeks ago). The O'Rourkes and the Manders joined us as well! It was a great time, but a sad sad loss. Regardless of the defeat, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! It was a great season, and I can't wait until next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment