Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Globes, Playoffs, and More

I had nothing on the books this past weekend. By that I mean we had absolutely nothing planned. Sometimes this sends me into a panic mode, other times I relish it because we've been so slammed with stuff.
This weekend I felt a little bit of both. I was still catching up from the craziness of the holidays, but had enough recoup time to feel that we should be out doing something fun.

Turns out my weekend of "nothing planned" turned into a weekend of crazy fun!
Friday night, we had a family "make your own pizza" night. Tyler is such a fan, and Ben and I have become fans too! So that was the nice quiet time that we needed!
Saturday morning we hit the gym and Tyler hit the playroom. Afterwards, we headed to lunch at our favorite place Wildflour, then went to get Ben some glasses. After glasses shopping, we treated ourselves with some ice cream since it was GORGEOUS outside all weekend!


We also hit up Home Depot to buy paint for the nursery (it's being painted on Wednesday, can't wait).
That afternoon, we decided to go bowling and a bunch of the neighbors came too. At first it was utter chaos trying to get 4 families bowling at the same time, but it turned out to be a great night!


Sunday, we went to church and Dunkin Donuts, then at 1pm all the guys came over to watch the Atlanta Falcons game at our house. I was "wife of the year" (no really...I was) and made apps for the boys while entertaining 5 kids upstairs! After the Falcons won, I had a short time to clean up before I had all the neighbor girls over to watch the red carpet for the Golden Globes and eat cookies! Back to back parties... I'm an animal ya'll! I made Chewy Butterfinger cookies and Cookie Butter cookies, and they were so delicious!
The kids were sent to the basement to play while Ben and Doug (another neighbor dad) supervised. Everything was a little too quiet for my liking, so I headed downstairs to check on the bunch...that's when I saw this:


This picture doesn't do it justice, so let me explain. Santa brought Tyler his 12 volt Jeep for Christmas and left the box down in the basement. So Ben decided it would be a great idea to let 6 children climb in the box and start shredding the Styrofoam pieces with their hands. It literally looked like it snowed in my basement and the children were covered from head to toe in tiny pieces of foam.
The kids thought it was the best thing ever...and Ben thought he was Dad of the year! The mom's however (having bathed most of the kids already) were not as pleased.
But we couldn't help but laugh...and laugh hysterically I might add. It's moments like this that make me so happy to be a parent!

Have a great week Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment