Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekend Update

What's up peeps? Hope y'all had a great holiday weekend! My company decided to let MLK day be a float holiday (take it now or later in the year), and I took it! Heck, I'm almost 6 months preggers...I need all the breaks I can get. So it was nice to have Monday off!

This weekend was hectic but fun! We went out for Asian as a family on Friday night and then Saturday morning headed to Spartanburg bright and early. My grandmother was recently in the hospital (over a week) fighting double pneumonia. Combine that with refusing to walk, Parkinson's and Dementia and we had no choice but to move her from Assisted Living to a full fledged Nursing Home. Since I wasn't able to get home to see her when she was in the hospital, we decided to go see her on Saturday. She looked a lot better that I expected, so that gave me some relief. After our visit to see Mama Bobbie, we headed to check out my brother in law's new bakery in downtown Inman. (since we were in the area)
Travis opened Sparkle City Sweets in December and so far it's been doing well. Tyler loved his cupcake!


We spent the rest of the day playing with T at my parent's house, then grabbed pizza for dinner before Ben and I headed to the movie theater. We took full advantage of the free babysitting and went to see Silver Linings Playbook. My choice and a Total chick flick! I loved it...Ben liked it enough, I guess.
But WHATEVER...I'm carrying his bay-bay, so I get to use that to my advantage every once in awhile right?
The next morning we headed back to Atlanta in time to host a bunch of our neighborhood friends for the NFC Championship...tons of food and booze (not for me though...boo) and good times. It was a great game but sadly the Falcons aren't going to the Super Bowl.

Monday, Ben and I dropped Tyler off for a couple of hours at daycare so that we could get some errands done and get the house cleaned from the previous night's festivities.

Overall, a great weekend! Hope your's was great too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment