Monday, July 7, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!

Mama Bobbie was very surprised!
Getting some love from her granddaughter!And her grandson in law!


This July 4th weekend was a lot of fun. The weekend started early on Thursday when Ben and I headed to my hometown of Spartanburg, SC for a surprise birthday party for my grandmother! Mama Bobbie turned 75 on July 4th and we had a blast celebrating with her and the family.

We arrived around 3pm on Thursday and spent the day lying by the pool and eating a yum dinner with my parents!

Friday involved a lot of decorating but we managed to get a little pool time in before we had to get ready for the party.

My dad drove to get Mama Bobbie just as the family started to arrive.

My grandmother certainly had the shock of her life when she turned the corner into our kitchen and saw all the family there, including the grandkids....my sister and I did a pretty good job of convincing her that we would not be there to celebrate!

There was bbq, ice cream cake and lots of fun.

Once the family left we hung by the pool until night fall and watched a fireworks display provided by the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment