Monday, February 9, 2009

Ain't Nothing gonna Break my stride...Nobody's gonna slow me down!

Tennis Time on Sunday!

Ben trying to get frisky at Steel Bar and Lounge
Amanda and Chris trying to stay warm as the sun set in Atlanta during our wine crawl!

Pat, Steph, Aaron and Amanda at Marlows...our first stop on the wine crawl!


The "cold/sinus infection/upper respiratory infection" bug swept the Sullivan house this past week! Ben and I have both been really sick since Wednesday! I honestly haven't been to the doctor to get antibiotics in over 4 years but all I have to say is THANK HEAVEN for Urgent Care and a Z-pac! I hate being sick and I hate sitting at home doing nothing...so needless to say although I should have been home in bed, I decided to party it up on Saturday instead! Hey...I had been on antibiotics for 24 hours...I wasn't contagious anymore right?
Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm never one to pass up a good time! And in the words of Men at Work
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
We met up with Chris, Melissa, Amanda, Steph, Pat, and Aaron at Ecco Wine Bar at 2pm on Saturday to start out the 2009 Midtown wine crawl! There was quite the crowd there! Next stop...Marlow's to get some grub! After a nice lunch and a few rounds of drinks we headed over to Steel where we found a great area outside to sit and have Saki! After Steel we headed back to Ecco until the wine crawl finished up. By 7pm Ben, Steph, Pat and I ventured north towards Roswell for the evening. We finished up the night by having dinner and playing darts at Mazzy's. It was such a fun day, and although I wasn't feeling 100%, I'm certainly glad I made it out!
Sunday I had to drag my butt out of bed again to go play tennis. Ben and I had been on a tennis league for the past month but I have been scared to death to play all season since our entire team is really good and I...well suck! Yesterday I attempted to play my one match of the season. How did I do you ask? Well Bloodbath would be an understatement. I had no idea what I was doing and it showed!!! Ben and I will definitely be taking tennis lessons this spring so that I don't embarrass myself in the future. But on the plus side, at least I had my cute blue tennis skirt to wear!!

4 comments:

  1. hope y'all are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learn something new everyday, I didn't know Men at Work sung that song! I thought they were only a one hit wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, no!!! This song is by Matthew Wilder.

    Here is a clip from him performing on Solid Gold:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28KobNbbI2s&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! it was a nice time when I saw the site and i became very happy because it's my one of the best topics. Thanks for your shear.disability holiday

    ReplyDelete