Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Borden's Bachelorette Weekend!

Me with the beautiful bride!!!
Sara, Christine, and Jenni

Me, Jackie D, and Laura

The bachelorette group!


This weekend I took a trip up to DC for my good friend Christine's shower and bachelorette party!
Friday night was a quiet date night spent at home with Ben. I cooked Stuffed Peppers and we watched a movie by the fire.
Saturday morning I was up bright and early for my flight to DC. I landed at National Airport at 11:30 where Jacqueline picked me up. From there we headed straight for the shower. The "black and white" shower theme was a lot of fun! The food (cake especially) was really delicious!
Once the shower was over, Jacqueline and I headed back to her house to get ready for our night on the town. I certainly needed a drink after UNC lost to Maryland. SO Depressing!

Jacqueline and I caught the metro to Downtown DC where we met up with everyone at the GW Inn. We debuted our "Amazing Race" tshirts for Christine and got her suited up in her bachelorette attire for the evening (complete with Amazing Race fanny pack). For dinner we went to M St. Bar and Grille. It was really a great meal! We took advantage of DC's restaurant week with an appetizer, entree, dessert and glass of wine for $35. Can't beat that!
After dinner we headed to the Black Cat for retro 80's night and then to Madhatter's!
From the pics above I think Christine had a great time!!!

Sunday, Jacqueline and I met up with Monica, Jill and Christina at Rhodeside Grill for brunch and then I was on a plane home.
(Side note: Rhodeside Grill is where Ben and I met!!!)

I got home on Sunday night just in time to host Steph M and Amanda for the Oscars!!! I heart the Oscars and I was very happy that Slumdog Millionaire won!!!
It was a very fun weekend indeed!!!

However...while the cat's away (me) the mice will play (Ben). While I was out partying it up with my ladies in DC this weekend, Ben was playing flag football and hosting a poker night with the boys. Apparently, the party continued to the wee hours of the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment