Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Viruses, Book Club, Doggy Day Care!!!

So just as Ben and I officially got over our respective cold/flu symptoms, I was hit with a nasty stomach bug this past weekend. But NO stomach flu was going to stop me from enjoying my Bone's steak on Saturday night or my movie and girl time with Amanda on Sunday...Again please reference the song "Nobody's Gonna Break my Stride" by Matthew Wilder (thanks for the correction Laura!).
As luck would have it, I passed the bug to Ben and he's been sick this week.
Today, we both feel much better (thank goodness) so we are guessing that it was a 24 hour type thing.
But the plus side to all this you ask????...The number on the scale this morning was one that I haven't seen in a very long time!
I'm going to continue to follow the "stomach flu" diet for as long as I can to see if I've created a multi-million dollar idea here!
Oh and did I mention my computer has a virus too (no joke)??? Apparently I'm more contagious than I thought!


Now onto my next topic...Book Club!!! Last night was our monthly book club meeting which was held at Susan's house.
It was a great time! We discussed A Thousand Splendid Suns over wine and a Mexican themed dinner! Next month's book is Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult! I can't wait to start reading it!
But I must get through the 3rd Twilight first!!!


My last topic of the day is Doggy Day Care!!! My usual work month involves me traveling at least once or twice. While my travel schedule in March and April will be quite hectic, I haven't had to travel for work since mid January. This is both a blessing and a curse. While I'm very happy to have the extra time at home with my husband, it can get a little lonely when you are working from home 5 days a week for 5 weeks straight.
When I was hanging with Amanda this weekend, an idea popped in my head and I offered to doggysit Toula during the day for her. Not only is it fun having a dog in the house, but she's super sweet and cute. I get to have her on Friday too! YAY for Doggy days!

I'll post pics of cutie Toula as soon as my computer isn't viral anymore! :(

2 comments:

  1. Can I have your stomach virus diet please? I've been running for almost a month and NOTHING on the scale. Makes me bitter and wonder why I'm doing this.

    I also wish you could dogsit Bella. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you feel better and Ben too! So,you are the new doggie day care??? I may need to hit you up for this :-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete