Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Spartanburg Shower Weekend!!!


Such a fun and exciting week/weekend for the Sullivans!!!

As you saw in our previous post, Ben and I had our 4D ultrasound on Tuesday which was a lot of fun! Other highlights of the week included my court date on Wednesday where I was able to use my pregnancy card to get out of a ticket and a VT vs. ECU game viewing at our house on Thursday with Roberta, Mike, Jon, Amy, Andy, and Angela! Lots of yummy food and drinks helped launch the Hokies into victory!!!

Saturday morning Ben and I headed to Spartanburg for my last baby shower before Tyler arrives! It was a lot of fun! My sister Kelly, aunt Flicka, and BFF Johanna did a fab job organizing everything! (I'll post pictures very soon) The theme of the shower was a "Diaper Drop" so Ben and I feel WELL stocked on diapers for the first few months after Tyler is born! We also got a ton of clothes, a portable DVD player and safety gates!
We are very fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends to want to host 3 showers for us and basically fill our entire registry. Ben and I have just a few items left to buy!
We feel very blessed!
A big thank you to everyone, and to Kelly, Johanna, Flicka and my parents for hosting such a wonderful shower this weekend!
Saturday night we ordered one of my fave dinners, chicken stew, from a restaurant in Spartanburg and everyone ate at my parent's house.
That included Ethan who came by to give Tyler a present and spend some time with Johanna and I. It had been awhile since we had all three seen each other and it was a blast catching up!
Sunday morning Ben and I headed back to Atlanta where we attended our next door neighbor's 1st bday celebration for their daughter Maddie. Then Ben and I jetted over to Twisted Taco to meet up with our friend Matt Kendrall who was in town for the Cabbagetown Chili Festival. We watched the Skins game with him, and then ventured downtown to meet up with some friends from UNC for dinner! We ate at Bricktops which has the BEST DESSERT in Atlanta! Just ask for the cookie...it's truly amazing! They bake a cookie from scratch in an iron skillet and serve it at the table with caramel topping and a huge mound of ice cream! Doesn't get much better than that!
Dinner ended late and Ben and I came home and crashed!

It was an exhausting but fun weekend!!!

PS- T Minus 5 weeks until Tyler's Due date!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment