Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

Kevin Rathbun at his steakhouse! (Even though we saw him there, I didn't take this pic)
Book club...Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Chris (Victoria secret angel), Ben (80s prom) and Aaron (giant turkey) at the Halloween Party

Kristen and Aaron at the Halloween party (Yes, Ben and I wore repeat costumes from last weekend's 80s prom party...I wasn't motivated enough to pull off Octomom like I originally planned)


Kristen (80's prom), Melissa (Devil), Amanda(Autograph book), and Jackie (True Blood)



Happy Halloween to everyone! Hope you had a great holiday! Ben and I had a lot of fun this week/weekend!
Not too much happened during the week for us. We laid low for the most part and caught up on "baby prep stuff". Ben had a UNC alumni event on Wednesday night that was apparently really fun! I can't wait to go with him next year.

Thursday I had book club over at Steph O's with all the girls while Ben hosted poker night at our house. We discussed "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See.
I liked the book a lot and it made for some good discussion.
After book club, I was able to make it back to our house in time to get in a few rounds of poker with the boys!

Friday, Ben and I had date night a Kevin Rathbun's steakhouse. Kevin Rathbun is a very famous chef and we had heard a lot of great things about his restaurant. Overall, the atmosphere was great but I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with my meal (I know right??...I'm actually admitting it wasn't the best meal EVER). The lobster tail was phenomenal and the mashed potatoes and ice cream sundae were very yum, but I was under impressed with the jalapeno corn dish and the onion rings we had for an appetizer. In fact, the onion rings were rather bland.
The plus side was that Kevin Rathbun was there and we got to watch him at work!!! It was way cool.

Saturday, Ben and I had the last part of Childbirth prep class with more birthing videos that made my husband uncomfortable! But Ben was still very interactive during the class and extra sweet during the breathing practices! He gets a gold star from me for hubby of the year!
After class Ben and I got ready for the trick or treaters! We had about 40-50 kids total! It was fun handing out candy to the adorable kids! ...can't wait to go trick or treating next year with Tyler!
Later that evening we got dressed up and headed to our friends Jackie and Drew's for a Halloween party. We met up with Melissa, Chris, Amanda, and Aaron while there and had a great time.

After the party, we headed over to Andy and Angela's to watch the rest of the South Carolina game. What a freaking disappointment in the Cocks loss...but Andy and Angela's new house is awesome!
Sunday, Ben and I spent a lot of time just running errands....a typical Sunday if you will.
Hope you all had a great Halloween weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment