Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Body Ink!!!

Today I'm linking up with Melanie to discuss Tats!
Again, I'm so new to the "linking up" thing...but I have been following some other blogger moms out there for awhile, and this was a topic that I just TRULY couldn't pass up!

Many of my friends (and even a few of you blog followers) probably know about my tattoo...and the story surrounding it.

Let me take you back. It was Junior Year of college! Christmas Break 1999. I told my sister Kelly that I really wanted a tattoo and she told me that she would get me one for my Christmas gift.
So one night we drove up with a guy friend of hers to North Carolina.
We were rebels! You couldn't get a tattoo in the state of South Carolina back then so you had to drive over the border to get one. How my parents didn't suspect something, I'll never know. My sister and I haven't always gotten along, so the fact that we were doing something...TOGETHER should have tipped them off.
We arrived at the parlor and I knew immediately what I wanted. A tribal turtle. I love (and still do love) turtles and frogs.
No, I don't collect little miniature glass statues of turtles and frogs in my house (far from that...I HATE clutter), I just think they're cute.
Cute enough to get inked on your body??? NO But I was 19 and stupid back then!

So I picked out a turtle and got it done. Tramp Stamp Style. Yep it's on my lower right hip.
I also remember that it hurt a Hell of a lot more than I thought it would!

Anyways, I was so excited to show my friends when we got back to campus in January. I ran in and told everyone and lifted up my shirt. And that's when it happened. My dear friend Erin walked right up to it..inspected it closely, then said "The head of that thing sure looks like a penis!"

So there you have it. I have a Penis Head Turtle Tramp Stamp!
Do I regret it? I'll let you decide!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This my dear is hilarious. I love the penis headed turtle story.. HA!!!! Thank you so much for linking up - so much fun to read everyone's stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost don't regret it because it makes for such a damn funny story :) Thanks for reading and getting the link up together! Had a great time reading everyone's posts!

      Delete