Monday, October 8, 2012

Where to Begin??? Triathalons, Birthdays, and more...

Sorry I've been a lame ass and haven't updated my blog in a couple of weeks. To say things have been a whirlwind would be the understatement of the century.
The week of the 24th, excitement was building...7 days and counting until the triathalon that I had been training for since March! I was pumped beyond belief and couldn't wait to get to the Lake and compete with my girls.
Then I got sidelined with an injury (more about that in another post)....and at the very last minute had to withdraw from the competition.
I was devastated...but there was nothing I could do about it. But I still went to lake with everyone and cheered our team on!
My goal is come back at 100% and do the same triathalon next year. I have the equipment...as long as I can maintain my current stamina, I'll be up for the challenge.
Here's the view from our gorgeous lake house and a pic of me and the girls at the finish line (Me minus my trisuit, which I know you were all dying to see me in).
PS- That smile was hard to muster as there were tears coming down my cheeks. I wanted to compete more than you'll ever know.




The following week was the week leading up to my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! And what a fun weekend it was! Seriously, I haven't had that great of a bday weekend in quite awhile!

But first, the bad stuff...We were sidetracked Thursday night with a trip to the ER with Tyler. The daycare called Thursday afternoon and said Tyler threw up. That vomit incident lead to 5 more over the next two hours. I called the nurse line at the doctor's office to tell them what was going on and they asked me if he had fallen on his head in the last 24 hours (vomit is a sign of a concussion). Tyler is usually the worlds MOST cautious kid, but it just so happened that Wednesday night he fell down 4 of our stairs. He seemed fine afterwards so I didn't think anything about it, but when the nurse inquired and I mentioned it, she said we had to go to the hospital. Good news is that the two incidents were not related. My little munchkin's brain is just fine! He just had a stomach bug. A pretty bad one though. He finally started feeling like himself again on Saturday. (And did I mention that he threw up all over me in the hospital lobby...no? Well he did and it was disgusting. The things we withstand for love).

Friday my parents came into town and we went to Sip in Downtown Crabapple for dinner.
Saturday morning was my bday! Happy 33 to me!!!!
I cooked breakfast for everyone (cause I'm cool like that) and then we went to Home Depot for the kid clinic. They made firetrucks and Tyler was in heaven. After the clinic, we let my parents take T for the day. I went shopping at Loft, then Ben and I visited a little Oil and Vinegar Bistro in Downtown Roswell. It was awesome and we spent a small fortune on organic olive oils and balsamic vinegars. I highly recommend this place. Very cool!

Afterwards, we went to lunch in Downtown Roswell and then headed home.



My parents left shortly after we got home and within the hour Ben's sister Kate and our brother in law Matt arrived. Kate and Matt were in town for a golf tournament. Ben was supposed to play in the tourney at Stone Mountain on Friday but he couldn't because Tyler was sick and out from school (father of the year...I love that man).
Saturday night we had my birthday party at our house where we watched the Gamecocks WIN over Georgia, ate my BEAUTIFUL pink birthday cake that my husband ordered for me (pictures to come), and sang Karaoke into the midnight hours! Great times were had by all!

Sunday we had breakfast with Kate and Matt and went to the park. After they left in the afternoon we started our Halloween decorating. We decided to venture out to look for Halloween decorations at a nearby store. I was dressed like a bum (so much so that I almost considered not wearing a bra). We were in the store scoping out some fun door decor and trick or treat pails for Tyler when I saw him....USHER! That's right. He was standing right in the center aisle of the store (with his LARGE bodyguard) looking for costumes. I almost peed my pants. We walked up the aisle he was shopping on so that I could hear his sweet voice. He's just as hot in person...fo reals!
After our celebrity sighting we went next door to Micheal's to look for more H-ween stuff .  On the way out of Michael's I saw Usher's MOM and his two son's head into the same Halloween store. They pulled up in a White Land Rover and the boys were dressed to the nine's.
What a fun way to end the perfect bday!!!
Happy October to everyone and GOOOOOO COCKS!
Can't believe we are No. 3 BABY!





2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't get to compete, but it sounds like you had a great birthday. I'm glad Tyler is feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! He's much better now, and as much as I was devastated about not doing the tri, I'll have to update you on the injury later this week!!! :) Your looking so great by the way! Jealous of you post baby bod!

      Delete