Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Time is Here!!!

What an amazing Christmas!!! This year was the first year that Tyler "really got it". He understood that Santa was coming and was so excited! He looked for his elf, Cyde every morning (The name stems from when he was two and I told him that he needed to deCIDE on a name for his elf), and he even noticed when Santa's plate of cookies was just a plate of crumbs the next morning.
And the highlight of my Christmas morning...when he unwrapped his Spiderman underwear and got so excited that he dropped his pants in the middle of the living room, stood up and and screamed "MOM, PUT EM ON ME!!!!" Ben was crying he was laughing so hard!



When we got back from Disney, we had exactly 4 days to get ready for Christmas. Saturday, we unpacked and rested. I also got my hair did (yeah, I said it like that on purpose) and we sneaked in a trip to the mall to finish up Christmas shopping. Sunday, we hit the gym and then my friend Leah and I took Tyler and Jack to McDonalds to hit the playground. Sunday afternoon, we attended another White Elephant Exchange party in the neighborhood and then Sunday night we went caroling with all the neighbors. So much FUN, and Tyler had a blast!
Monday, Ben had to go to work but Tyler and I had the day off. We finished up some last minute errands and then spent the afternoon baking cookies with my neighbor Jill and her girls! 
I made Chewy Butterfinger Cookies and Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pinterest and holy f'ing amazeballs were they good!


That evening we put on our new PJ's ....


And then I made Crockpot Corn Chowder (again from Pinterest)...wow is all I have to say! I don't mean to toot my own horn but it was so freaking good! Followed the recipe exactly except I didn't add carrots and did add lots of garlic, paprika, pepper, & seasoned salt..... Oh and I deleted the bacon but had green onions as a garnish. Seriously, try it...you won't be disappointed! 
After Santa arrived, we spent the morning opening gifts and made a big breakfast of sausage, eggs and hashbrowns. Tyler got a Power Wheels Jeep, a Star Wars Sword and Light Saber, Tons on Spiderman stuff and action figures, and a new scooter from Grandma and Grandpa (They got to watch him open their presents via Skype). I got a new Dooney and Ben got new sunglasses and grill accessories! Then we took off for Spartanburg where we spent the rest of Christmas day with my family. It was a great time. We all racked up in the gift department once again!!! (Baby 2 even got a couple of presents) 
Wednesday morning, Ben and I left Tyler in Sparkle City with my parents and headed back to ATL. We both had to work, so Tyler spent some extra time with Nana and Papa. We are off to meet my parents in Commerce tonight (our halfway point) to pick him up...although the extra sleep has been nice, I've missed the munchkin man! 

I hope your Christmas was a magical as ours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment