Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nutcrackin it up!

We had an awesome weekend! Gettin into the Christmas spirit...that's what I'm talking about!
The week leading up to Friday was pretty quiet with just work & preschool...the usual.
After work on Friday, all of the neighborhood moms and kids met up at Diesel Pizza in downtown Roswell for dinner and then we headed over to see the Nutcracker.
The kids had a BALL (in case you can't tell)! And as much as I was skiddish about how Tyler would do, I'm proud to say he did fantastic!!! Of course snacks and a couple of games of Fruit Ninja on my iPhone helped when he got bored, but overall I give him a solid 4.5 out of 5 Stars on behavior!

Meanwhile, some of the daddies (including Ben) hit up the local Hooters for booze and wings...that's their version of culture!



Saturday morning we hit the gym and then Tyler's friend Bella came over for a playdate with her mom Emma and baby sister Olivia. Then Ben and Tyler ran some errands while I napped, and Saturday night we went to the Roswell Christmas Tree Lighting. We met up with Steph and Pat (with Dylan), Melanie and Jared (with Gabe and Maddie) and our neighbors the Fellabaums (with Ashley, Grayson and baby Kaitlyn).  Afterwards we headed to Lucky's for burgers and watched the end of the SEC Championship...what a game!!! Our next door neighbor Tati also managed to swing by Lucky's with Sebastian and Emma for a burger too! It was a great night.
Sunday we had church, a birthday party for a classmate of Tyler's, and then Tyler and Ben napped while I went maternity clothes shopping.
I think this (and bathing suit shopping) may be the only time in life that I hate to shop.
But I still manged to hit up DSW afterwards. New shoes always help the depression of an expanding waistline!
Sunday night, Ben made Pad Thai and we played in the front yard with the neighbors. The weather has been gorgeous lately so we have been soaking it up!
I hope everyone else is getting into the Christmas spirit this season!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment