Friday, December 14, 2012

It's That Time of Year...

Yep, it's getting to be that time of year peeps! What time you ask? That time when things are so BUTT ASS crazy that you don't even have time to think straight! I know you all are probably just as busy as we are...the thought of doing this next year with TWO kids is a little scary to say the least!

So last weekend's craziness started out Friday night with our good friend Anna's birthday party! Tyler's babysitter came over around 6:30 and then Ben and I headed over to Anna's house for drinks and apps. I volunteered to be DD for the evening, so I got the pleasure of driving my drunk ass neighbors around in Anna's minivan. It was really quite hilarious! We had a great time at Whirlyball. I couldn't partake in the actual sport (bumper cars and pregnant chicks don't go together) but I kicked ass in Rock Band!!! I got a standing ovation for my rendition of Eye of the Tiger! Well maybe not a standing ovation, but a few people clapped...same thing!
After the festivities started to wind down, we all headed to Roswell Tap for late night drinks and food. My pregnant ass managed to kick it past midnight! Ben and I were finally in bed around 1:30am.




Saturday morning, Tyler and I got a last minute invitation to a Studio Movie Grill with my good friend (and across the street neighbor) Jill! She was taking her girls to a free showing of Rise of the Guardians and wanted to see if Tyler and I could come along. Tyler was so pumped for his first movie. We had popcorn, about a million twizzlers, and I indulged in a Frozen Hot Chocolate! The movie was great, and Tyler was so well behaved. I definitely underestimated his ability to sit through plays and movies. This kid is good to GO!
After the movie, we went to a can-a-thon event in Roswell and then to the park.
When we got home around 2pm, I crashed for an hour...I was worn out. Ben was on Daddy patrol for a few hours!
Later that afternoon, we packed up Tyler and got him ready to head over to his first sleepover! He was so pumped to stay the night with one of his best buds Maddie! Our old neighbors and dear friends Melanie and Jared have asked if Tyler could spend the night since we kept Maddie for the night back in June. I was happy to oblige since it was our 5 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!! That's right people...12/8, Ben and I celebrated 5 wonderful years of marriage. The ups and downs are part of the excitement of this wild ride and I love Ben more now than I ever have!!!
After we got Tyler settled in for the night at Maddie's, we headed to Piedmont Park for a carriage ride (it was cloudy and rainy which made it even more romantic), then to our favorite Steakhouse Bone's, and then to Fox Theater to the see the Nutcracker!
It was such a wonderful night, and Ben did a great job planning it!!!

Sunday morning, we were up early getting ready for our Surprise Breakfast with Santa! Normally, I hire a Santa every year for Tyler's Bday party, but since we are going to Disney this year, and I didn't want to wait in the long dreadful lines at the mall...I asked the neighbors if everyone would chip in $20 (per family) and we could rent Santa for an hour. Everyone was very excited about this idea and it worked out great. The kids all came over in their PJ's and everyone brought a brunch dish! The kids ate and played and then Santa came around 10am. The kids had NO clue that he was coming so it was obviously the most exciting thing ever when he showed up! The kids had a whole hour to spend with him...which included sharing wish lists, getting pics, and singing for him! It was a great time! After Santa left we did a Christmas Craft (the kids decorated sugar cones like Christmas trees...whud up Pinterest) and then everyone headed home!
That evening was our neighborhood luminary night. We drove around the neighborhood and looked at all the lights and then ended the night in Anna's driveway with a firepit, smores and hot chocolate! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment