Friday, December 7, 2012

Crazy to Think....Blue or Pink?

It's crazy to think that in less than a week, we'll know if we are having a little boy or a little girl!!
I strongly believe (even more so than with Tyler) that this revelation will truly change the dynamic of our family.
With Tyler, just the thought of having a baby (boy or girl) was a drastic change for us. We had no idea what we were doing...so having a baby (regardless of gender) was a roller coaster ride in and of itself! Now that we know how to manage the in's and out's of parenthood, the anticipation of knowing the gender of our second (and final) kid is killing me! This will truly change the Sullivan family as we know it....obviously for the better, but change is always a little scary!

I mean think about it....if we have another boy, it will be brother mania in the Sullivan house. Ben will have two little mini me's running around. I'll be kicked out of the house on Saturdays and Sundays in the Fall so that the Sullivan men can watch Football (except when the Gamecocks and Skins are playing...I'll be sitting right beside them for that)! I will be outnumbered and the house will be full of smelly socks, action figures, race cars and testosterone! Toilet seats will be up and the fridge will constantly be stocked with food for our hungry boys!
But...I LOVE little boys! Tyler is the light of my world and the love of my life! Everything he does makes me smile! The thought of that multiplied by two...would make me so very happy!

Now think of the opposite...we have a girl. The tables will be turned and it will be "Even Steven" in the Sullivan house...estrogen and testosterone on the same playing field. When my daughter and I get kicked out of the house for Football by Tyler and Ben, we can go get mani's and hit the mall. I can buy all the pink tutu's I want and dress her up everyday! She will have an older brother who will protect her, and she will steal her Daddy's heart. I can play tea party and beauty parlor, and watch her perform in dance recitals.
The thought of this melts my heart and would make me so very happy!

So now, you can see for yourself. When people ask me, do you have a preference? Do you want a little boy or a little girl...I can honestly say that I don't care.
Both scenarios...though truly life changing will be an amazing experience.

I can't wait to find out next Thursday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear the news (tomorrow!) The way you described the all boy situation pretty much sums up our household. I already spend a fortune on groceries. Can't imagine what the bill will be like when they are teenagers!

    ReplyDelete