Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Good with the Bad

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA from the blogger world these past few days.
First...the bad news...I was laid off on Monday.
So now I'm kind of screwed work wise until after Baby Jacob is born (I mean who is going to hire a 7.5 month preggers woman).
I left my old job because of too much travel, but I had no idea what I was getting into when I accepted this job (I'll withhold names but I was a Director of Recruitment at a small healthcare company).  I have to keep details at a minimum while I'm seeking legal counsel, but I'll let you all know the outcome soon enough.

So, Ben and I decided that I will be a stay at home mom for awhile. I'll take Tyler full time until the baby is born and then re-enroll him in school  in May so that I can bond with Jacob and start job searching.

Although it's been upsetting, I'm trying to look on the bright side. Many women would kill to have this precious time with their little ones, and I plan on NOT taking it for granted. Can't wait to play SAHM for a solid few months!
Plus, having a little extra relaxation time (when I'm not chasing around a 3 year old)  before the new baby will be great!

Now onto the good stuff...Our weekend was awesome (especially since I had no idea what was coming on Monday)! Tyler had his first soccer practice on Friday. It was adorable!

After soccer practice, Tyler's sitter came over so that we could go out with one of my besties from college Erin and her new man. We took them out in our neck of the woods. We went to Sip for dinner and then Olde Blind Dog for drinks.
Erin and Mark stayed over so Saturday morning we cooked a huge breakfast and had some play time with Tyler.
At Noon, Erin and Mark headed out and Ben went off to play paint ball with all the neighborhood guys (all the girls got together and gave them a paintball party as a Christmas present...they had a blast).
So, Tyler and I went with our neighbor Kristen and her daughter Kylie to the Children's Museum downtown. The kids had a great time.


Afterwards, we hung out at our neighbor Anna's house while we waited for the menfolk to come back from paintball. The kids jumped on the trampoline and played in the yard while the mom's hung outside and gossiped and snacked!
(PS - not to mention that our neighbor had a playdate over and it was none other than Kordell_Stewart's son...aka Porsha's hubby on RHW of ATL! Say WHHHAATTT??? they live like 5 miles from me...all this time and I had no idea) Don't be jealous! Did I get to meet Kordell...hells yeah. As usual I was star struck and tongue tied. (The only time I ever shut up is when I meet someone famous, I look like a fool just standing there and staring)


Sunday, we ran errands in the morning and then went Bowling with Steph, Pat and Dylan in the afternoon. We ended with dinner at a local restaurant and headed home! It was such a fun weekend!

So to sum up...you take the good with the bad and I have faith that everything will turn out for the better down the line. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next couple of months!
Peace out!!!

1 comment: