Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Neighborhood Up in Arms



As many of you know Ben and I have a "pseudo-adopted" kitty. She belongs to our neighbors across the street but they had basically stopped taking care of her so Ben and I, along with two other neighbors on our streeet, have been sharing the responsibility of feeding her and giving her lots of attention.

Well, when Ben and I got home from DC this weekend I called for her and she never responded...this continued for two days, at which point I was starting to get concerned.

When Ben was driving to work yesterday he noticed that the kitty's bed that used to be on her owner's porch was missing. At this point I went into STAGE 3 Panic mode. I started swarming the Animal Shelter sites in Atlanta looking for her. I called and emailed several shelters and told them to please contact us if a kitty matching the description was turned in over the weekend.

Yesterday afternoon Ben and I walked over to the neighbor's house to find out what happened to our beloved kitty.
Turns out, the owner gave her away to a friend over the weekend. Needless to say, I was DEVASTATED!!!

So this morning I was outside watering the plants before I started work, when my neighbor drove by with her daughter. Seeing as they fed the cat as well she asked if I knew of its where abouts. I told her the story and she got VERY upset. She said that the owners knew how much we all loved the cat and how upset her kids were about this.

My neighbors and I have now joined forces for "Misson: Rescue Kitty"!!! We are sure that we could give it a more loving home than its new owners in a completely different neighborhood.

I'll keep you all abreast of my attempts to rescue our precious kitty!

2 comments:

  1. this post made me laugh...

    here's a thought. and i can't believe i'm even going to recommend this... GET A CAT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, definitely time for you guys to get a cat!

    ReplyDelete