Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jury Duty!


Yesterday was my first experience at Jury Duty!! And Man oh Man what an experience it was!

I arrived downtown at 8:20ish in the AM and was sent into this huge room with about 200 people in it. Then they started calling people into various courtrooms around 9:30. I was juror #5 of 50 and sent to a courtroom on the 4th floor. There I met the defendant and the attorneys who proceeded to interview us individually to pick the 12 that would sit on the jury. I'm not really allowed to discuss the case but let's just say that the guy wasn't "dealing" office furniture if you know what I mean! Anyways, we had a two hour break from lunch where I got to hang with some of the other jurors. We went to Underground Atlanta for lunch. You know it's a small world when the lady I ended up sitting next to during the selection process lived in Spartanburg for 8 years and went to the same church I did...crazy!!!!

Anyways, I ended up not being selected...PHEW...so my civil duty was done at 4:30pm! Now let's hope my name isn't drawn at random again for quite some time!


...with Liberty and Justice for All!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was called for jury duty twice when I was in college. One of the times it was for federal jury duty and they made it a PAIN for me to be excused bc I was in college 4 hours away! I haven't been called since...

    ReplyDelete