Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Weekend in Charlotte...Jim & Julie, where were you?

Matt Shotgunning a beer!
The girls at the party!

Our preggers friends...Kristin, Christy, and Suzie

Ben, Matt, Rusty and Uli!

Kristen and Uli...love that dog!

This weekend the Sullivans headed to Charlotte, NC to visit our very pregnant friends and have an MBA reunion weekend part 2 (again...Jim and Julie you were missed)!! Ben and I wanted to a chance to catch up with everyone before the "baby craziness" ensues and the holiday weekend was as good a time as any!!!
I flew into Charlotte from Columbus, OH where Ben, Matt and Suzie picked me up from the airport. Ben drove to Charlotte from Atlanta earlier that morning and had a meeting with one of his bosses from BOA.
We went straight to dinner at Big Daddy's Burger Bar! Matt and Suzie assured me that this restaurant was blog worthy for the "best burger EVER" award, and I am happy to report that they were they right. I had the "Frenchie" burger. It was a turkey burger with Brie, smoked bacon and apple on it. OH MY WORD did it melt in your mouth!!!!
We also tried the fried pickle appetizer which was great!
After dinner we went back to Matt and Suzie's where we watched Step-Brother (hilarious) and hit the sack!
On Saturday we spent most of the morning hanging out at Matt and Suzie's with their cute puppy Uli!
That afternoon Ben and I decided to stock up on winter gear (for this weekend's trip to Minneapolis) at Concord Mills Outlets. Living in South Carolina for 20+ years, I had never made it to Concord Mills for a shopping trip so it was fun!
After about 2 hours Ben was ready to pull his hair out so we ventured back to Matt and Suzie's where we helped them get ready for their party.
That night about 12 people came over for poker, Tarheel basketball, and Cranium.
Good times were had all around.
Sunday, Ben and I hit the road early and stopped in Spartanburg to have lunch with my parents, my sister and brother in law! It was a good time and we got a chance to show off Big Red, the Lexus!!!
Ben and I got home to Atlanta around 5pm and went straight over to Steph and Pat's!! We received the news over the weekend that they had some exciting news to share, so we went over to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment