Thursday, October 16, 2008

Book Club Meeting



Last night was our second book club meeting! I hosted the event at my house, and everyone had a great time!

The menu consisted of Hash Brown Casserole, Shrimp Cocktail, Wings, Brie Bake, and Cookies for dessert. Everyone brought bottles of wine and we discussed our book for last month "Belong to Me" by Marisa De Los Santos.

I really enjoyed the book...and turns out most everyone else did too. However, we all agreed that we should have read her first book "Love Walked In" before "Belong to Me". Unfortunately, no one knew that there was a prequel to the book before we chose to read it. Oh well, maybe I'll have to give it a go on my own someday!

Our November book is "Marley & Me". A lot of us haven't read it and we thought it was appropriate since the movie will be coming out soon. And since we were on a roll...we went ahead and picked our December book as well. It's a book called "The Shack" which is on the NY Times Bestseller list and getting a lot of buzz. I can't wait to read both!

No comments:

Post a Comment