Friday, October 24, 2008

Did someone say Giant Smoked Turkey Leg???

Yes...we saw Live Bears at the Fair...
Isn't that the biggest cup of ice cream you have EVER seen???

ShamWOW


Smoked Turkey Legs...my FAVORITE!!!

This week was quite the crazy busy week!
Tuesday night I had my HR class...I did well on my 3rd test ( I got an 89..woohoo) but I'm afraid I didn't do too well on the 4th test. I think I'll squeak by with a C on that one..but that's okay. I'll just study super hard for this week's test to make up for it!!!

Anyways, after a grueling 3 hour lecture in class I got home at around 10pm.
But instead of getting sleep, I had to pack my bags to catch a 7:30am flight to NC the next morning (I had to get up at 4:45 am..yuck)! I flew to North Carolina to go to my company's corporate headquarters for a staff meeting and to assist with an audit that we are going through. It was a very intense day at work, so I definitely needed to blow off some steam.

Wednesday night I went to the NC State Fair with my BFF Johanna and her hubby Steve, and my coworkers Chesare and Sylvia! It was so much fun!
We ate...and ate...and ate....see pics above.

The highlight of the night was when Johanna and I purchased an "as seen on TV" Shamwow http://www.shamwow.com/ !!! (They had them for sale in the Hobbies and Crafts section and were doing live demonstrations). Why are Johanna and I such a suckers for info-mercials I have no idea!!!

Now it wasn't the actual purchasing of the Shamwow that was the highlight of the night...it was when Johanna dared me to scream out "I'm SOLD" and run up with my $20 during the middle of the live demonstration. Being one to NEVER turn down a dare...I stepped right up to the challenge. I think Johanna, Steve, Chesare and Sylvia almost wet their pants. The guy doing the demonstration didn't know what to do when I ran to the front, slammed down my money, and screamed "I'm SOLD..where do I pay?" right in the middle of a crowd of people. It was hilarious.

Anyways, while at the State fair I gobbled down a smoked turkey leg and the biggest cup of ice cream in the world!

Good times all around!

I returned home on Thursday in time to make it to our kball game. We lost...Booo!!!
Tonight is our Halloween party for our Kickball division! We will post pics of us in our costumes soon! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment