Monday, August 17, 2009

Baby you can drive my car/Hey Jude/Get Back/Yesterday/Eleanor Rigby/the list goes on....

The 40,000+ crowd...notice my subtle pic of the biggest redneck beer belly EVER!!
The fireworks during "Live and Let Die"

Sir Paul rocking it out!!!



Me and Mom before the concert!!!


I'm so glad Ben and I had a relaxing time last weekend because this week made up for it!
Man, was it busy but SO fun!!! Tuesday night Ben and I met up with Amanda and Melissa for tennis. I played the roll of cheerleader (can't have flying balls hurting Tyler) as Ben and Amanda teamed against Melissa and her partner Peter for a doubles match! Ben has decided to take another swing at tennis (no pun intended) and join a doubles league! After practice, we were joined my Melissa's future hub Chris and we all went to Dunwoody Tavern for dinner and drinks! It was a fun night!

Thursday morning I was up super early to catch a flight to Pensacola to do some work stuff for a couple of days!
While I was away...Ben played! Thursday night he met up with Pat, Andy and Mike at Hooter's for trivia night! Apparently they won the whole thing and their bar tab was covered! Can't argue with that now can you?
Friday I finished up work early and was able to catch an early flight home. I arrived at Chateau Sullivan around 7:30! Ben and I ordered Chinese and stayed in.

Saturday morning we were up and "at em" early because my parents were coming into town! My dad's 55th bday was earlier that week and he had NO idea what I had in store for him.
When they arrived (with a ton of adorable new baby clothes for Tyler on hand) I gave dad his present...tickets to see Paul McCartney at Piedmont Park that night! To say he FLIPPED OUT would be an understatement! My parents are two of the biggest Beatles fans EVER (and raised a huge Beatles fan of a daughter), so to see Paul in concert was something extraordinary! As my mom said, this was "THE concert" for them!

We got to the park around 3:15 and got in line. We got inside the park a little after 4 and found a great spot (it was General Admission for a 40,000 audience)! The show started around 8:45 and it was amazing! Yes it was hot during our 4 hour wait, and Yes it rained during the concert but the rain stopped quickly enough and Sir Paul entertained us for 2.5 hours! He played all his great Beatles and Wings songs! My parents and I had a BLAST!
Ben didn't go to the concert because he's not a big Beatles fan (still baffles my mind considering his mom is British) but he earned husband of the year award for driving us down to the Park and coming to pick us up around midnight!
Sunday morning we hit brunch with the parents and then went to Babies R Us to buy our crib and glider! Then we came back to the house and rearranged furniture to make the guest bedroom into Tyler's nursery! My office is now a guest room/office! We said bye to my parents around 3pm and hung low for the rest of the evening!
Such a fun concert and great weekend with the parents!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete