Friday, August 21, 2009

Book Club, Date Night and Tyler update!

Tyler has been using this foot a LOT these days!!!
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

Thank goodness there was NO travel this week. I'm slowly but surely wrapping up my travel schedule for work. My last trip will be mid October when I'll be driving to Charleston for a few days.
This week in ATL was way fun!
Wednesday night I hosted book club at my house.
There was a great turnout and an even better discussion. We read American Wife which was an outstanding book (thanks for the recommendation Caryn)! We did an American themed night with mini burgers, pigs in a blanket, mac and cheese, apple pie and other American classic dishes!!!
While I was hosting BC, Ben and Pat met up for a tennis match then had pizza and beer for dinner.
That also sounds like a classic American night if you ask me!!!

Thursday night Ben and I had date night. We walked two miles to downtown Roswell to go to one of my new fave restaurants called Red Salt. It's the only place I can get well done red meat that's still juicy! I always get the Steak Frites and Ben gets the 7 onion soup. Last night he accompanied it with a big heaping mound of fried calamari! It was so yum!

When Ben and I arrived downtown we realized that it was Alive after Five in Roswell! The streets and restaurants were packed but we were still able to get a table right away. After dinner we browsed a couple of shops and walked back home! It was a great night!

This morning was our monthly doctor's appt to check on Tyler's progress! I'm happy to report that everything is going extremely well! I'll be six months next Friday if you can believe it!
Tyler is definitely kicking up a storm these days!
In fact, he wasn't too pleased that the doctor was trying to find his heartbeat this morning and decided to show her who was boss! He kicked the fetal monitor so hard that the doctor could feel it! Ben also heard the kick on the baby monitor across the room! It was hilarious! Apparently he is quite the troublemaker already!

This weekend we are excited for our friends Pat and Steph's respective Bachelor/Bachelorette parties! It will be a very fun night!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. SO glad you loved the book!! Love the American night theme :)

    AND LOVE the Tyler update!! I'll call soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete