Monday, August 3, 2009

Trips to AZ and OK!!!

Yuma, AZ....yep, that looks about right!
Although I pulled this pic from my April Vegas file...Ben went to visit Ryan in Oklahoma this weekend!!!

Another pic from my Vegas file....me and Melissa!


What a week!!! With my trip to Arizona came the good...along with the bad.

I spent Mon, Tues and Wed at the Marriott in Downtown ATL interviewing more pharm sales prospects. I was literally wiped out by Wednesday but hopped on a plane and headed to Phoenix for a business trip. I scheduled myself to come in a night early so that I could hang with my fellow Gamecock Melissa!
I was so excited because I had never been to her place before and it's always the best time when we hang together!
Melissa picked me up from the airport and took me to her adorable house where I got to see Angie (her roomie who I hung out with in Vegas in April) and met their adorable dog Dakota for the first time. I had heard so much about Dakota and she definitely lived up to the hype! So cute and sweet, and just wants lots of Doggie Love!
After we dropped off my bags, we headed to a Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale called Frank & Lupes that was DELICIOUS! Melissa, Angie and I met up with their friends Kim and Steve...and a few other friendly faces joined us through the course of the night. The food was great and the company was better. The highlight of the meal came when I tried Sopaipillas for the first time. This is a Mexican pastry that is served with honey and it's out of this world!!!
Thursday I was up bright and early and on a flight to Yuma. As soon as I got there I got an email from corporate offices saying that one of the pharm sales candidates I had interviewed on Monday in ATL had contracted swine flu and that I had officially been exposed. Well this of course completely freaked me out considering pregnant women have a 4 times greater chance of getting swine flu since our immune systems are compromised to begin with.
Anyways, my Thursday night was spent in the Yuma urgent care getting a flu test. The test came back negative (thank God) and I was sent on my way with a Z-pac prescription for my stuffiness and sore throat.
You would think my troubles would end there wouldn't you...negatory! The next day I'm back at work when I decide to run across the street for lunch (well drive across the street considering it was 112 degrees outside). I get to the local KFC to grab a chicken sandwich and decide to use their facilities while I waited on my order. Well, when I was coming out of the bathroom I failed to notice a big puddle of water outside the men's room and DOWN I went.
Of course, I called my doctor right away although I only landed on my knees and was no where near my stomach. My doctor said that I should not get on the plane that evening without going to get a sonogram just to make sure Tyler was okay.
So off I went...back to the hospital. This time it took 4 hours before my sonogram results came back to tell me that Tyler was a-okay...I was EXTREMELY relieved as you can probably guess!
I was given the okay to get on the plane...only problem...I already missed my flight. So I ended up driving (yes driving) 3.5 hours back to Melissa's house in Phoenix. Dark, Empty Desert would be the words I would use to describe the trip.
Words can't begin to tell you how relieved I was to get back to Melissa's!
I was greeted by the whole dinner party that had gathered! I ate Mexican and had a Sprinkles cupcake...and that magically made things a lot better!
I was up bright and early on Saturday and spent pretty much the whole day flying back to Atlanta.
Thanks to Melissa for playing hostess with the mostess...although I didn't get to hang out much on Friday...I had a great time!
Sunday morning, I met my friend Jill (newly engaged) who was in ATL from DC for the weekend. I met her at a local bridal shop where she was trying on dresses! She's going to make a beautiful bride! We then hit up Front Page News for brunch. After brunch, I went to Prenatal Yoga and then came home and waited for Ben to get home from the great state of OK!
While I was in the Southwestern US for the weekend, Ben was in the Heart of the Midwest...Oklahoma that is.
Ben went to Tulsa to visit his best bud Ryan. Ryan just bought a condo on the lake and they spent the weekend there with Ryan's brother & their other friend Kayte.
According to Ben, they had a great time! Lots of fun in the sun with tubing and beers!
The cell reception factor made it difficult for Ben to know what was going on at the hospital regarding Tyler and me, but he was relieved to find out that we were both okay!!

PS- check out Melissa's friend Steve's website! He owns Rockstar Hot Dogs. I want to open a franchise in ATL!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you and Tyler are okay. I know how things can get scary.

    ReplyDelete