Monday, August 24, 2009

Party Weekend!!!

This weekend was a lot of fun as we celebrated the last few days of "singleness" of our friends Steph and Pat.
They are getting married at the end of September so a fun night of bachelor/bachelorette shenanigans was in store!
Friday night, we headed over to Steph and Pat's for bbq.
Saturday morning we started the bachelorette day with a Wine Tasting at my house! We had a lot of fun, food and wine! Then it was off to the nail salon for some pampering. That night we all met up at Nava for dinner! Nava had gotten great reviews and I know all of us wanted to try it.
Unfortunately I suffered from a case of "order envy". I got the skirt steak and frites which I was very disappointed in. What I will DEFINITELY get next time is the seared scallops atop a huge mound of sweet potato grits! However, our appetizers of fried cheese balls and lobster tacos were phenomenal.
After dinner, we headed to Fado's for drinks on the rooftop. Unfortunately the smoke filled bar cut my bachelorette time short but overall it was a fun day!

Ben started the day with the bachelor group at a pool party downtown. Then the boys played poker at the hotel, followed by dinner and drinks at RiRa and a visit to the Cheetah! He said the boys had a great time too!!!!

Sunday morning Ben and I did the typical baby prep stuff.
We picked up our crib and glider from Babies R Us and got a Sam's club membership. I heard it was worth the price of enrollment just for the diaper discounts!

Overall, a very eventful and fun weekend!!!

1 comment: