Monday, September 21, 2009

Flood Watch 2009


The past 9 days in Atlanta have been very very rainy, and the next 9 days promise to produce much more!
It's come to the point where half of the schools in Atlanta are closed and most offices are letting their employees out early!
The pic above was submitted to the AJC Newspaper from Lawrenceville, GA. Don't believe how serious this is? Just visit CNN or the Weather Channel on the web.
Ben and I have decided to hunker down and "wade" out the flood to the best of our ability.

This weekend the rain slowed us down a bit but not much.
Friday night I went out with Amanda for a girls night at Sugo. We had tapas and dessert and waddled our "over stuffed" selves back to my place so that Amanda could see all of our cute baby stuff!
Saturday morning Ben and I were up early and off to Northside Hospital for the Hospital tour.
It was very informative and I was pleasantly surprised to see how big the birthing suites are! We even sneaked a glance or two at some cute little newborns.
Saturday afternoon I was really not feeling well. Tyler gave me serious heartburn on Friday night which kept me up. So I napped and watched movies while Ben went over to our friends Amy and John's to watch the VT game. Man...what a game! I couldn't believe the Hokies squeaked out that win!
Saturday night we ordered Chinese and hung low during the storms.
Sunday I went to get my nails done while Ben put together some baby furniture.
After nail time, I met Steph S at La Madeline for lunch and then she came over to see Tyler's room! We had a great time catching up.

Sunday night we headed over to Steph M and Pat's for a yummy pasta dinner and some catch up time. The boys watched football (don't get me started on how crappy the skins played on Sunday) and everyone had good times all around!

The flooding has unfortunately kept me from my final flying trip for work....no more Kansas City this week and now no more air travel until I return from maternity leave! Although it's not ideal that I'll miss my training this week, I have to admit that I'm excited to not be on a plane for awhile!

Have a safe and DRY week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are ok down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time seeing all of baby T's stuff and catching up too :-) And...I am glad you did not have to travel in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes - glad that you all are okay! Yeah for no flights for a while!!! Little T is putting up a fight, huh? Well, he is your child :)

    ReplyDelete