Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Labor Day!!!

Shot of the Hokies at the GA Dome!
Ben and Chris found a $1 shot stand on the street!
Kristen, Ben, Toni and Chris at Stats!

Hope everyone out there had a very happy, fun and safe Labor Day!!! It was so great to have an extra day off from work!!!
Last week Ben and I had a lot going on as we prepped for the weekend! I had some extra duties come up at work so I was working late nights for most of the week! Tuesday and Wednesday Ben had his Fantasy Football drafts, so I went out with Steph on Tuesday night for some Greek and frozen yogurt!

Thursday night Ben and I went over to Andy and Angela's to watch our first game of college football season!!! GOOOOOO COCKS!!! Anastasia was there as well so it was fun to catch up with all my college peeps! It was a great game only because we won...but man, if the Cocks keep playing like they did on Thursday, we are going to have a LONG season ahead of us!

Friday night Ben and I went tailgate shopping for all the essential goodies that we would need for the big VA Tech vs. Bama game on Saturday!
Friday night around midnight our friends Chris and Toni arrived at our house! They drove in from Chapel Hill to cheer on the Hokies, and were able to get us great seats for the game! Saturday morning I cooked waffles for everyone! We hit the road around 12:30 and met up with Roberta, Mike, Amy, John, Angela, Channing and a bunch of VA Tech grads!
Our first stop? Stats! Stats is an awesome bar in downtown ATL and Mike wanted to go there to watch the BC game (that's his alma mater). We hung there for a couple of hours...the place was PACKED!!! Then we went to our tailgating spot where we ate a whole lot of food and played ladder ball until it was time to go to the game!
The game was a lot of fun, but I have to admit I sat down for most of it. Tyler was a little worn out from the day's festivities and he let me know it!
Of course we were disappointed in the Hokie loss but they still played a great game!
With traffic, we got home around 1:30am!
It was a LONG day but so much fun!

Sunday we said goodbye to Chris and Toni and left for Spartanburg. Sunday night my parents invited our old neighbors over for some burgers and fun! We had a blast catching up and it was great to see them! I got to see my "surrogate little brother" Clay who I hadn't caught up with since my wedding!
After everyone left we hung out with my parents and sis for awhile! My mom, dad, and sister all got to feel Tyler kick for the first time. They were very excited!
Monday Ben and I visited with my grandma and then headed home!
There was a good bit of traffic but we made it in just over 3 hours!

Happy Labor Day to all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete