Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shower Weekend

Ben, Kate, and Jan at the Pig town festival

Busy, Busy week....
I went to Brownsville, TX for work which was short and uneventful...just the way I like it. At one point I got lost and almost ended up at the Mexican border with no passport! I wonder if they would have let me make a Uturn at the inspection station....thank God, I didn't have to find out!




Friday, Ben and I headed to DC!
What a LONG drive, but well worth it!


We got into town Friday evening in time to have dinner with Ben's parents.


Saturday, we went to Babies R Us to do a little shopping then headed into Baltimore to meet up with Ben's sister for some lunch. We went to an awesome Mediterranean place and then headed to the Pig Town Festival! It was hilarious watching the pigs race!


Saturday night, Ben and I ventured to Arlington where we met up with Kayte, Matt and Christina to watch the Gamecocks play. GO COCKS!!!! We didn't win against Georgia but we put a good fight.



Sunday was shower day! It was so much fun hanging out with everyone! I love DC Reunions!!!
A big thank you to everyone who showed up, and a bigger thank you to my Mother in Law, Caryn and Jacqueline for organizing! The theme of the shower was Nursery Rhymes complete with "Humpty Dumpty" deviled eggs, "3 little pig" Pork sandwiches, "3 blind mice" cheese platter, nursery rhyme trivia game, and much much more! I wish I had taken pictures, but I got caught up in the excitement and totally forgot. If anyone has pics of the day and can email them to me that would be great!



Monday morning Ben and I were up early and on the road by 9 so that we could make it back to GA at a reasonable hour.


Good times all around this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment