Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Murder Mystery Weekend!!!

Sweet baby girl Bella!!!
Ben as Ralph Rottingrape and Kristen as Marilyn Merlot

The girls in costume...Roberta, Angela, Amy and Kristen



The boys in costume....John, Mike, Channing and Ben

This weekend Ben and I dogsat for Pat and Steph's baby Shih-Tzu Bella so they could go visit family in Tampa! It was definitely a fun experience and I can't wait to get a dog for our family once Tyler gets old enough.
Bella was very well behaved the whole weekend and was very clingy to me at night and during thunderstorms. It was very endearing though...she's really an adorable little dog (see pic above). Ben took to calling her Gizmo, and I have to admit she does look like a mix between a Gremlin and the Ewoks from Star Wars! So cute!

Friday night Ben and I hung low and finished up Mad Men Season 1. We are trying to catch up on both seasons of Mad Men so that we can watch this season on TV. I've heard good things about the show and so far it's been very good! We also wanted to get Bella familiar with her temporary surroundings so we didn't leave home that night!

Saturday Bella and I went for a walk in the park! I then came home and started to get our costumes organized for that night's Murder Mystery Themed Dinner Party that our friends Mike and Roberta were hosting!
I had never been part of a murder mystery party so I didn't know what to expect, but let me be the first to say it was a BLAST!!! Everyone had a character (the invitation told you in advance who your character was and how to dress) and we played out different scenes giving away clues and accusing other people of the murder. It's all scripted so it was very easy to follow! A narrated CD along with a FBI Agent (Mike) helped move the scenes along! We all really got into it and were shocked to find out the actual killer! I can tell you right now, I certainly didn't guess who it was!
My character was Marilyn Merlot (famous starlet) and Ben was Ralph Rottingrape (bad boy extraordinaire)!
The whole night was a blast! We met a lot of fun people and I can't wait to host one myself someday!!! Thanks for having us over Roberta and Mike!!!

Sunday Ben finished up on baby furniture assembly while I went over to Melissa's to help her with her save the dates! The final product ended up looking great! I can't wait to post my save the date on my fridge when it comes in the mail!
Pat and Steph came by to get Bella Sunday night! Although I know she missed them, I think she was a bit sad to leave her new favorite aunt and uncle!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment